Tickets & Conversations

CG21

Exclude email address from the team inbox...

SOLVE

Hi All,

We currently use the ticketing from the teams inbox "Treat incoming conversations as support tickets" but we want to exclude some incoming email addresses to reduce ticket clutter.

Also on seperate note, we have a lot of companies without Industries which HubSpot Insight has not filled in, how can we auto-fill the rest without doing them manually?

Many thanks

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CTennant,

As far as I know there isn't any branching logic within one inbox that would allow you to create tickets from some bot not other conversations, see here.

In that case, you'd create multiple inboxes and have suppliers send their emails to one team email address which is fed into a supplier inbox. This supplier inbox would not create tickets automatically. Any other emails would go into a services inbox, for example, which does automatically create tickets.

This is how you can create multiple inboxes: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/conversations/create-a-conversations-inbox

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
PKalaitzis

SOLVE

@karstenkoehler my team is facing the same issue. we receive email notifications from suppliers that our team need to see - however these do not need to be turned into a ticket as they are just an FYI rather than something to be actioned.
Any advice?

0 Upvotes
PKalaitzis

SOLVE

Hello, We have he same issue in my team. We receive email notifications from suppliers that our team need to see - however these do not need to be turned into a ticket as they are just an FYI rather than something to be actioned.
Any advice?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CTennant,

As far as I know there isn't any branching logic within one inbox that would allow you to create tickets from some bot not other conversations, see here.

In that case, you'd create multiple inboxes and have suppliers send their emails to one team email address which is fed into a supplier inbox. This supplier inbox would not create tickets automatically. Any other emails would go into a services inbox, for example, which does automatically create tickets.

This is how you can create multiple inboxes: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/conversations/create-a-conversations-inbox

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CG21,

You can set up conversation filters under Settings > Inbox > Filtering Rules:

karstenkoehler_0-1619603102621.png

Regarding your question on HubSpot Insights, if the information is not available (neither through HubSpot Insights nor through input by the contacts themselves) then you'd have to use third-party solutions to enrich your data. That would be the only automated way. You can search the app marketplace for "enrichment": https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/all-categories?eco_search=enrichment

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

CTennant
Participant

SOLVE

Hi,

As a follow on to the above - what if we still want the emails to appear in the conversation inbox, but not create a ticket? 

In my case, we receive email notifications from suppliers that our team need to see - however these do not need to be turned into a ticket as they ae just an FYI rather than something to be actioned.
Any advice?

0 Upvotes