Tickets & Conversations

Tactitian
Participant

Email thread duplicates problem

SOLVE

I have an issue with the way emails assemble into threads in the contact/company/deal view (not in inbox). Each email generates a separate thread, collecting around it all the other emails from the thread. So a simple email and reply creates 2 threads, each containing both emails. thread duplicationthread duplication

If I have a conversation of 5 related emails, that generates 5 threads all containing the 5 emails. Needless to say that it becomes impossible to maintain a proper view of what is a new email and what is a n-th duplicate of the same thread that I had previously. Have you seen similar behaviour? What might be the issue?

Environment : GMAIL pro account connected, threading enabled in GMAIL and functions well in GMAIL

Thank you very much!

Tactitian

1 Accepted solution
JessicaH
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Tactitian,

Thanks for reaching out.

This is currently working as designed.

Each email and each email reply will create a new activity on the timeline of the contact record.
In each of these activities, you will be able to see the entire thread if you click on "view thread".

Take care!

Jess

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
4 Replies 4
JessicaH
Solution
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Tactitian,

Thanks for reaching out.

This is currently working as designed.

Each email and each email reply will create a new activity on the timeline of the contact record.
In each of these activities, you will be able to see the entire thread if you click on "view thread".

Take care!

Jess

Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, in dem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst !

0 Upvotes
Tactitian
Participant

SOLVE

Hello Jessica,

Thanks a lot for your reply. What is the rationale behind this? It seems counterintuitive to regroup the emails in a thread so as to get a better readability and get emails that go together in a block, and then duplicate this block as many times as it contains emails, so you are obliged to regard in each block if the conversation is finished or not.

In UX, I remember the rule "Jacob's law" that stipulates that users spend most of their time on other websites. In this case I presume that people are used to the threading behaviour from Gmail and Hotmail which they use on a daily basis in personal and professional lives.

Is there a way to avoid duplicating the block and have it function as a thread function in GMAIL or Hotmail?

Thanks a lot.

Best,

Eugen

0 Upvotes
JessicaH
HubSpot Alumni
HubSpot Alumni

SOLVE

Hi @Tactitian,

Thanks for the feedback.

Currently, there's no way to deduplicate the single activities.

However, I'd like to encourage you to share this idea in our ideas forum

It's a forum which is made for users to submit new ideas. The community can vote and comment and HubSpot evaluates the ideas and takes them into consideration for new product updates.

Take care!

Jess

0 Upvotes
Tactitian
Participant

SOLVE

Hello Jessica,

Thanks a lot. I submitted the idea in the forum. You can find it here

Best,

Eugen