Tickets & Conversations

CLDevs
Membro

E-mail to create ticket

resolver

We're coming from ZohoDesk and have the functionality where we can send an e-mail to a particular e-mail address and it will automatically generate a ticket.   It seems with HubSpot that we can only send an e-mail to a certain character code @hubspot.com and then it puts it into a Sales conversation, but not generating a ticket.  Has anyone figured out how to do this?

1 Solução aceita
jennysowyrda
Solução
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

E-mail to create ticket

resolver

Hi @CLDevs,

You can create tickets from the conversations inbox by following these steps: 

When connecting your team inbox, you can create a rule to automatically create a new ticket each time an incoming email is received. You can also create a new ticket directly from a contact record in the right sidebar of your conversations inbox. 

This will associate with incoming emails. 

For an overview of all of the ways you can create tickets, I wanted to share this resource.

Thank you,
Jenny

Exibir solução no post original

14 Respostas 14
dapug
Membro

E-mail to create ticket

resolver

The proposed solution is insufficient.  My company uses a DL for support@myco... and as such, there is no account to "sync".  With ZenDesk, Freshdesk, etc, you simply have your support email forward along to their PROVIDED email address, and things "just work".  This SSO implementation to get access to an actual email account is absolutely bonkers IMHO.

Unfortunately, this is a reason we are NOT going with Hubspot.  😞

steve907
Participante

E-mail to create ticket

resolver

I 100% agree. And this is also the reason we will not be using HubSpot. I need to make my emails into support tickets, tasks and deals. Hubspot makes this over complicated and tedious. This is NOT a support ticket software. And it really isn't a good sales/deals software. Sad. I had so much hope 😞

0 Avaliação positiva
RMeyer925
Participante

E-mail to create ticket

resolver

Sugar also offers this concept of creating a ticket from an email.  It is a signifgant issue in evaluating software that meets our needs. 

jennysowyrda
Solução
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

E-mail to create ticket

resolver

Hi @CLDevs,

You can create tickets from the conversations inbox by following these steps: 

When connecting your team inbox, you can create a rule to automatically create a new ticket each time an incoming email is received. You can also create a new ticket directly from a contact record in the right sidebar of your conversations inbox. 

This will associate with incoming emails. 

For an overview of all of the ways you can create tickets, I wanted to share this resource.

Thank you,
Jenny

dapug
Membro

E-mail to create ticket

resolver

provide an @mycompany.hubspot.com email addres.  Linking to an email account is NOT always possible, not the best.  My company uses a DL for support@...  so there is no way and never will be a way to sync with it. But we can forward it to a hubspot inbox.  That is the correct way to do this, like the big boys, ZenDesk, etc...

0 Avaliação positiva
PamCotton
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

E-mail to create ticket

resolver

Thank you for sharing your workaround @dapug

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Avaliação positiva
PZaltron
Membro

E-mail to create ticket

resolver

Hi, 

with the automatic ticket creation, is it possible to customize the ticket description? 

It usually shows the body of the mail, but it becomes much too long in most of the cases.

Thanks in advance!

0 Avaliação positiva
PamCotton
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

E-mail to create ticket

resolver

Hello, @PZaltron I would recommend using a personalized token in your ticket description for example when creating a workflow to automate this.

I hope it helps.

Pam

PZaltron
Membro

E-mail to create ticket

resolver
Unfortunately we are talking about a customer with a starter account,
workflows are not an option yet.
0 Avaliação positiva
dbower44022
Participante

E-mail to create ticket

resolver

Jenny, 

You mention "You can create a rule to automatically create a new ticket..."   Can you please provide a link to any documentation on this subject?  I searched everywhere, and cannot find a way to have our support@XXX.com  email create a support ticket.   There must be a way to do it, but I cannot find it!

Thanks!

0 Avaliação positiva
PamCotton
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

E-mail to create ticket

resolver

Hello @dbower44022 wanted to share this knowledge base here with more information about it.

Kindly,

Pam

0 Avaliação positiva
Assaf8769180
Membro

E-mail to create ticket

resolver

Hi Jenny,

Is there an option to create an email address for tickets, so that once an email is sent to this address it creates a ticket out of that email?

Farzad
Participante

E-mail to create ticket

resolver

Hi @Assaf8769180 

By connecting a team email channel in Conversations, it will allow for the automatic creation of Tickets.  Please review this article below for details

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/conversations/create-a-conversations-inbox#connect-a-team-email-channe...

0 Avaliação positiva
jennysowyrda
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

E-mail to create ticket

resolver

Hi @Assaf8769180,

Do you mean to create an email field within the ticket that will automatically associate with emails that are sent? 

If you can share more of what your end goal is and what you have tried so far that would be great!

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Avaliação positiva