Tickets & Conversations

DavidMc
Participant

Do not create a Customer record from a forward email address

SOLVE

We often forward Service tickets to other staff members within the company, with a range of email domains. Whenever we do, the forward email address creates a Contact. We have no need or desire to have these contacts created. They are not external customers but rather our own staff.

For example, I might forward a ticket to newsdesk@division-of-company.com for them to deal with outside of HubSpot. I do not want any emails forwarded to @division-of-company to create a new contact.

I assumed that by adding the email domain to the Never Log list would stop this, but it doesn't.

Is there a way to specify certain email domains so that when tickets are email forwarded to them, they don't get created as a contact?

1 Accepted solution
sharonlicari
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @DavidMc 

Welcome to the Community!

The only way to prevent this at the moment is by setting filtering rules, as all filtered emails do not create contacts. I'd also encourage you to upvote and comment on this idea in our Ideas forum. Our product team is always monitoring this space to receive any feedback from our users. 

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
lfr
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Contributor | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Upvoted, this is also a situation faced by one of our customers. There is always a contact created for the employee to which the email is being forwarded. 

NicolasChoupin
Contributor

SOLVE

Upvoted, I also use fw or bcc on colleagues, it will add them as customers, and the provide false information on reporting

sharonlicari
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @DavidMc 

Welcome to the Community!

The only way to prevent this at the moment is by setting filtering rules, as all filtered emails do not create contacts. I'd also encourage you to upvote and comment on this idea in our Ideas forum. Our product team is always monitoring this space to receive any feedback from our users. 

Thanks

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

DavidMc
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Sharon

I marked this as a solution given that it seemed the only current option, however it still doesn't do what I need it to. 

Filtered emails only affect incoming conversations, so if I forward a Ticket to a domain that is in my filtered list, it still creates a darn contact.

This is a major problem for us. We are constantly forwarding to a huge number of people within our company and they all create junk contacts. Sigh.