Tickets & Conversations

TDormans
Membro

Disable automatic contact creation for specific inboxes & tickets

Hi all,

So I'm running a multitude of inboxes concurrently. On some of these inboxes a lot of spam e-mail is coming in. HubSpot automatically creates contacts for these emails and obiously I don't need spammers as contacts. It is a very strenous,time-consuming process to remove these contacts manually. 

Furthermore I run a support bot that creates tickets for incoming questions. However, I don't want contact creation for these tickets either.

Is there a way to toggle off automatic contact creation? I haven't found this function yet and I can't imagine that such a function does not exist, especially for a company that utilizes contact-tiers as a pricing strategy.....

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

8 Respostas 8
fixxtsolutions
Membro

Have you tried creating and switching profiles ?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/switch-to-another-outlook-email-profile-be3b617f-3f64-43d...

And with the profile you do not want to Hubspot, log-off from the plugin in that particular profile.
Make sense?

AGriezmen
Membro

yes its a serious issue i am also facing this issue in my device and looking to  take some guidance  about it please give me its solution i need it urgent to run my account in the right direction

webdew
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

Many have asked for this feature @TDormans . You can see here and upvote the idea. 
Hope HubSpot brings this feature soon.

TDormans
Membro

But how is it possible that this is not a functionality? How do other companies work-around this?

webdew

Hi @TDormans ,

I understand this would mean a large number of contacts entering the database as HubSpot auto creates contacts for anyone that emails. I tried this with a workflow to see if it's possible as well however it looks like its not quite yet at this stage..

But I came across this article where you can set up filters for your conversation inbox.

Hope this helps!

TDormans
Membro

Hi,

So I have 4 inboxes.

3 of them are just team e-mail channels and the other one is a team-email + chatbot (support bot that ends in ticket creation).  

For some of them I want ticket creation, but do not want these labelled as a serious contact because they are very simple questions from individuals that certainly do not need to be serious HubSpot contacts.

Basically I want a scenario that, if a mail comes in from a known contact, the communication gets added to the contact. However, if a mail comes in from an unkown contact I don't want a full contact creation that counts in my contact tier count. Is there a way to set up a workflow to label these as non-marketing contacts or something? Many of the incoming mails certainly do not  need to be a contact in HubSpot!

MSanne
Participante

We need a fix for this

webdew

Hi @TDormans ,

I would like to know how you are getting all these inbox emails. Like what is the channel? If you are using form submission, you can toggle off:

webdew_0-1618329801572.png

For the chatbot, i would like to know which chatflow you have created.

hope this helps!