Tickets & Conversations

PPuri8
Contributor

Data protection - automatic ticket deletion

SOLVE

Hello, 

Under GDPR (and other data protection laws), we're required to delete customer data once the purpose for recording it has been fulfilled. I assume that all companies using Hubspot have this requirement to delete data after x years. We're able to set up deletion of contacts and companies, but not tickets.  Has anyone found a way to do this in order to comply with these laws? 

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PPuri8,

This is unfortunately not possible at this stage. However, other users have requested this before: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Delete-tickets-in-Ticket-workflow/idi-p/501877

These requests submitted to the HubSpot Ideas section of the community are reviewed by the HubSpot product team, based on their popularity and the assumed demand. I'd recommend commenting and upvoting.

You can also help other HubSpot users find this request more easily (and drive traction) by accepting my reply as a solution. I'd appreciate it, too.

For now, you would have to work with saved filtered views on the ticket index page and manually delete records on a regular basis.

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
PPuri8
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for your answer. Do you know if tickets can be automatically deleted if the contact or company it's associated with is deleted?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

@PPuri8 not without custom code and developing a solution based on the HubSpot API, no.

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @PPuri8,

This is unfortunately not possible at this stage. However, other users have requested this before: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Delete-tickets-in-Ticket-workflow/idi-p/501877

These requests submitted to the HubSpot Ideas section of the community are reviewed by the HubSpot product team, based on their popularity and the assumed demand. I'd recommend commenting and upvoting.

You can also help other HubSpot users find this request more easily (and drive traction) by accepting my reply as a solution. I'd appreciate it, too.

For now, you would have to work with saved filtered views on the ticket index page and manually delete records on a regular basis.

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes
TRaymondRoto
Participant

SOLVE

Somehow, I think this is incorrect.   I just went in and deleted a contact (perminant delete) and the ticket associated with the contact is no longer there (it was deleted as well).  In my case, I want to keep the ticket but get rid of the contact.   In my example, the ticket was created through an email in to the helpdesk.  That in turn created the contact.    The email was spam and we set a property on the ticket indicating it is spam.   I then have created a list of contacts that are associated to a ticket marked as spam.   The idea was I'd be able to delete these unneeded contacts from our database.   However I want to keep the ticket because our customer support rep did some measure of work identifying the ticket as spam and disposing of it.   I want the ticket to remain so we can keep track of how many of these types of tickets they are dealing with.

This behaivors seems contrary to your comment here.

0 Upvotes
TRaymondRoto
Participant

SOLVE

One additional comment.   I even tried removing the association to the ticket from the contact record.   Deleted the contact.    THE TICKET WAS STILL DELETED even though it was no longer associated with it!   What am I missing?

0 Upvotes