Tickets & Conversations

LucaDelFiore
Participant

Customer Portal - Multiple Threads on Ticket

Add the ability to see all the threads related to a ticket in the customer portal.

As is, if someone opens a new thread in a ticket, the previous thread disappears in the Customer Portal.

8 Replies 8
CBell40
Participant

"To verify which conversations will appear in the customer portal, use the Conversations card  in the ticket record's right sidebar. If multiple conversation threads are associated with a ticket, only the most recent thread will appear in the customer portal."

The portal is deeply flawed with this behaviour. Having chunks of conversation and information vanish for the customer isnt exactly helpful and makes the portal more dangerous than useful.

BérangèreL
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @CBell40 and everybody,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and for sharing your valuable feedback!

Great job in finding the article "Set up a customer portal" which explains the expected behavior for that.

I have found this similar idea already submitted: "Allowing Clients to Read Previous Email Threads under Tickets on Customer Portal".

I'd recommend supporting the Idea with an upvote and explaining your use case in the comments.

Our product team uses that forum to collect ideas on how we can improve the product for our customers.

Product pays particular attention to the top voted ideas & takes them into consideration along with other feedback channels as well as their own vision to understand what features will be most valuable.

Thank you and have a great day!

Best,
Bérangère

Saviez-vous que la Communauté est disponible en Français ?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings!

0 Upvotes
avanderwell
Participant

Please fix this Hubspot this is severely impacting our customer relations.

froettgen
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting for a customer.
@JenWeiss Do you know if anything is planned to make this possible? 

0 Upvotes
Harrong
Participant

Has anyone identified a workaround for this? Presently for tickets with multiple conversations (more than one) I have:

1. Targeted the original conversation as a base - customer have expressed that it is important to them that they have visibility to the original submission
    Trashed all conversations associated with the ticket
  2. Gone into the conversations trash and taken a screenshot (or copy and paste) the "trashed" conversations/threads 
  3. Replied in the remaining thread with the C&P'd infor and or the screenshot.

This is not ideal for our brand or our customers
SteveHTM
Top Contributor | Partner
Top Contributor | Partner

I have very much the same problem in early setup of the portal - original ticket data can be seen when no response has been made. But as soon as an email is sent, the original ticket record vanishes and all I see is the email trail. This is related to work on account 20646593.

I'd like to be able to report/respond in the beta program forums but seem unable to raise a ticket in that board, even though I can see existing discussions.

Steve

Steve Christian

HTM Solutions

https://info.htmsolutions.biz/meetings/stevec2

mobilePhone
+1 6195183009
emailAddress
stevec@htmsolutions.biz
website
www.htmsolutions.biz
address
San Diego, CA
Create Your Own Free Signature
0 Upvotes
JenWeiss
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @LucaDelFiore , 

Thank you for reaching out! 

I understand that you would like the ability to see all the threads to a ticket within the Contact record. Do you mind clarifying a bit further by what you mean when 'someone opens a new thread in a ticket, the previous thread disappears' ? If you could send over a screenshot of what you are seeing currently then the Community can have a better understanding. This will allow us to see if we can find a solution or workaround (hopefully). 

Best,
@JenWeiss 

Whether you're a student or a lifelong learner. Join StudentSpot to be inspired.
0 Upvotes
LucaDelFiore
Participant

Ticket from the Customer Portal View (First Thread)

Screenshot 2022-02-17 16.48.03.png

I open a new thread inside Hubspot under the ticket:

Screenshot 2022-02-17 16.49.17.png

I only see the second thread in the Customer Portal View:

Screenshot 2022-02-17 16.48.57.png

I already reached the Customer Support for this behaviour and they suggested me to open an idea.

Hope this helps.

Best,