Tickets & Conversations

dnerris
Participante

Custom Ticket Properties Not Showing in “Dependency Settings” area of the Support Form Builder

resolver

I have created a bunch of custom ticket properties by going to settings > properties > ticket properties.

When I go to create my support form I want to make some custom fields available if a user chooses a specific ticket type. 

The problem is when going to that question’s dependency field settings only the default form fields show up.

How can I get my custom ticket properties to show in the form builder’s depedancy options?BBCD393F-637B-4988-B7F0-B626C6F7F405.png

1 Soluciones aceptada
jennysowyrda
Solución
Administrador de la comunidad

Custom Ticket Properties Not Showing in “Dependency Settings” area of the Support Form Builder

resolver

HI @dnerris,

This issue should be resolved now, and you should be able to use ticket properties when building dependent form fields. 

Thank you,
Jenny

Ver la solución en mensaje original publicado

9 Respuestas 9
dnerris
Participante

resolver

Following up here. I discovered that only custom properties in the “contacts tab” in “property settings” can be added to forms. Ticket properties cannot for some reason. Anyone know why?

0 Me gusta
MFrankJohnson
Líder intelectual

resolver

Head's up @dnerris ... whenever a HubSpot Community post is updated the number on the main HubSpot Community homepage dashboard 'Latest posts from the community' is changed to reflect this new value.

- see image

HubSpot Community Dashboard: Latest posts from the communityHubSpot Community Dashboard: Latest posts from the community

While this in and of itself isn't a 'bad thing', we've noticed that older/unanswered threads (i.e., with ZERO replies) often tend to get more attention as the members who answer most in the community browse the boards looking for post to answer. Of course, the title of the thread also plays a part.

We mention this because now the number number of replies showing for this thread will be >0 which means it's been given some attention. Does that make sense?

If you have something to add to an UNANSWERED thread, you might consider adding it to the original post instead of creating a reply of your own.

++

Unfortunately, we don't have an answer to your Service Hub issue. Feels like something limited internally by HubSpot, but really dunno.

cc: @jennysowyrda 

Just wanted to share our observation. Hope it helps.

Welcome to the community.

Best,

Frank

Note: Please search for recent posts as HubSpot evolves to be the #1 CRM platform of choice world-wide.

Hope that helps.

Be well,
Frank

www.mfrankjohnson.com
0 Me gusta
jennysowyrda

resolver

Thanks for the flag @MFrankJohnson

@dnerris I am investigating the functionality of custom ticket properties with the team and will update this thread as soon as I have an update!

Thank you,
Jenny

dnerris
Participante

resolver

Thanks @jennysowyrda. This is a critical functionality gap that we need if we are to fully migrate to Hubspot. We are currently on Sales and Marketing Pro and want to add Service Pro.

The issue seems to be that “contact” properties can be shown in forms but “ticket” properties cannot, which is counterintuatvie to building a support form.

Looking forward to your findings. 

0 Me gusta
jennysowyrda
Solución

resolver

HI @dnerris,

This issue should be resolved now, and you should be able to use ticket properties when building dependent form fields. 

Thank you,
Jenny

SwansonAdvisory
Miembro

resolver

Hi Jenny @jennysowyrda

I am having the same issue I cannot see my custom properties when I go to create a form.

Please help!

Thanks

Georgi

0 Me gusta
jennysowyrda

resolver

Hi @SwansonAdvisory,

Can you please share a screenshot of what you are seeing when you try to use the fields? 

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Me gusta
dhlackner
Miembro

resolver

Hi

I am using the free CRM right now for testing purposes.  Several issues/bugs

1.  when you clone a form, the "automatically create a ticket" button shows it is turned off on the Follow up page, even though it is selected in the form builder.  You have to turn it off on the form builder and then turn it back on.  And when you do that, all of the custom fields that you put on the form disappear and you have to create them all over again...which makes cloning very inefficient.

2. I created some custom ticket properties.  I tested the form with the custom ticket properties and the values are not captured and stored with a ticket.  They are blank. Why is that?

3.  I allowed for uploading a file on the form.  However, the file is not saved with the ticket.  It seems to go to the contact, which makes retrieval cumbersome.  Is that the way it is supposed to work?

0 Me gusta
dhlackner
Miembro

resolver

I figured out items 2 and 3.  My error.  

0 Me gusta