Tickets & Conversations

JamesDuffell
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Diamond Partner

Custom 'Create ticket' form based on pipeline

lösung

Is there any way of displaying different properties when creating a ticket based on the pipeline?

At present, if I'm within a pipeline and select the 'Create ticket' option the form displayed shows me fields that I'm able to customise, however, some fields are only relevant to certain pipelines and I can't seem to add any conditional rules so that if pipeline A is select then specific properties are displayed and if pipeline B is selected then other properties are displayed.

It seems really basic that I may be overlooking this, as at present I'm faced with a large list of properties when creating a ticket that isn't relevant to all users and feels particularly clunky for the end-user.

James Duffell

3manfactory

website
https://3manfactory.co.uk
1 Akzeptierte Lösung
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @JamesDuffell,

This is, as far as I know, not possible at this stage. However, this feature is already in planning by the HubSpot product team, see here: Require specific deal properties based on pipeline

"Happy to share that we are working towards support for this. There are several hurdles in our way to doing it right, we'll deliver it when it's ready." This is the current status as of July 2021.

The request refers to deal properties so I'd recommend you add to the thread with your ticket-specific requirements.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

16 Antworten
karstenkoehler
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @JamesDuffell,

Good news: this is now possible! This feature is in public beta for Professional subscriptions.

You can find the beta here:

karstenkoehler_2-1671099043600.png

Here's the official announcement.

[Public Beta] Customize 'Create record' form by pipeline

Dec 14, 2022

What is it?

Today, in their object settings, admins can define which properties are presented to a user as visible or required when a record is created. Now, we’re giving admins even more control over which properties are presented to users by enabling them to set conditional logic based on deal, ticket, or custom object pipeline.

This means that admins can configure the “Create Record” form so that depending on which pipeline a user selects, different properties appear as visible or required to users.

Note: These changes are not reflected in the mobile experience yet.

Why does it matter?

Without the ability to customize record creation, admins have to ask reps to fill in the same properties when a record is created regardless of the greater context of that record.

Now, admins can save rep time and increase the quality of data entered in their CRM by surfacing only the properties that are relevant to a specific pipeline when a record is created. For reps, this means being asked to fill in information that is specifically relevant to the deal or ticket pipeline they are working with.

How does it work?

Admins can customize their ‘Create record’ form in Object Settings by adding properties to the form. These properties will be visible or required in all cases.

When a user clicks “Add Pipeline Logic,” located in the left dropdown, they will be able to select one of their deal or ticket pipelines. Then, they can select properties that will surface conditionally on the form for this specific pipeline.

An admin can choose to set some of these properties as “required.” This means a user will not be able to create a new record unless this property is filled. Once they’ve saved their pipeline logic, they can add another set of rules for any other pipelines they may have.

Admins can click Preview to see how the form will look depending on which pipeline or pipeline stage a user selects. If users are ungated to the private beta "Surface pipeline stage properties when a record is created," then their pipeline stage properties will also surface in the Preview as well as when a record is created.

When a user creates a new deal or ticket, the properties that the admin has set as visible or required in the "Add Pipeline Logic" step will surface in the form dynamically depending on which pipeline the user selects. The properties that the admin has set as visible or required in the "Add Properties" step will surface in the form in all cases, regardless of pipeline selection.

Who gets it?

This beta is available to Pro+ customers. Note that this feature is not reflected in the Mobile app.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

SRandoll
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

We are using playbooks to guide the users to fill in tickets - especially for other teams/pipelines, which is quite nice since you can use them not only for just a pipeline, but also for specific topics

MBulten
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

I just bought hubspot to support our global support. I was very dissappointed that this is not possible with Hubspot. Can you please provide us an update on when you expect this will be released. It will hamper our further roll out of Hubspot. Are there any alternative ways in Hubspot to capture any customisable question / answer set as intake from a client request?

MBulten
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

I found a work around which works ok for me.

Usecase: I needed a specific request form to capture all information to onboard a company on our platform.

Solution; Created an online form via Marketing forms. This will create a ticket in hubspot with the relevant information in there. In the ticket all the relevant information is shown. The fields that are used in the marketing form are the same that can be created for the ticket creation form.

kvlschaefer
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Thanks for sharing, @MBulten

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
AzherRubbani
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

@JamesDuffell @karstenkoehler Hello Both, I have been following the thread in this convo. Do we have any further development news for the Custom "Create ticket" form based on pipeline. We are currently running 6 different pipelines and not having this feature is making things very clunky to work with. thanks in advance. 

JamesDuffell

lösung

Sadly not 😞 

Agreed, we're also finding it to be clunky for different teams that have no cross over, fingers crossed this is on the near horizon. 

James Duffell

3manfactory

website
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Hi @JamesDuffell,

This is, as far as I know, not possible at this stage. However, this feature is already in planning by the HubSpot product team, see here: Require specific deal properties based on pipeline

"Happy to share that we are working towards support for this. There are several hurdles in our way to doing it right, we'll deliver it when it's ready." This is the current status as of July 2021.

The request refers to deal properties so I'd recommend you add to the thread with your ticket-specific requirements.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

GMarkham
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

lösung

Hello @karstenkoehler  - we desperately need this feature - is it released? Please let me know.

GSnow7
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hi. where can I find this feature? Yes, we're part of Beta, but give it's a year ago, I'm guessing it's live by now???

0 Upvotes
ACoonin
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Hello.

Any update on this? Is this still expected by July 2021? For now, I will have to use a completely different platform for our tickets.

kvlschaefer
Community-Manager/-in
Community-Manager/-in

lösung

Hi @ACoonin,

Thanks for reaching out!

According to this idea, It looks like the product team has announced that this functionality is in design research. I would recommend subscribing to the idea to get updates from the product team when they comment in the thread.

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !
0 Upvotes
JKlosner
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

Require specific deal properties based on pipeline

This does not look like an answer to what @JamesDuffell is asking. We need the ability to have a unique ticket form for each ticket pipeline. I created a pipeline for "Service" and "Marketing" yet they both have to share the same form. A quick fix would be to make the ticket pipeline property accesible in (marketing>forms) and just put a disclaimer saying "don't use this property on public facing forms.

0 Upvotes
MBulten
Teilnehmer/-in

lösung

I found a work around which works ok for me.

Usecase: I needed a specific request form to capture all information to onboard a company on our platform.

Solution; Created an online form via Marketing forms. This will create a ticket in hubspot with the relevant information in there. In the ticket all the relevant information is shown. The fields that are used in the marketing form are the same that can be created for the ticket creation form.

JamesDuffell

lösung

Perfect, cheers for flagging @karstenkoehler it'll be such a handy feature.

James Duffell

3manfactory

website
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

lösung

Sure, happy to! If you consider this thread closed, you can help others find this information by accepting my earlier post as a solution. I'd appreciate it.

Have a great day, @JamesDuffell!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes