Tickets & Conversations

phtheref
Participant

Create service ticket when won deal

Hi!

I am trying to automate winning deal to billing process. First step is create workflow and create service ticket to the service team when deal has won. That is now ok but for creating things easier I am trying to copy/create deal url (or similar) to the ticket that service people can just click url link to see deal what products they deliver.

What would be best way to do this?

5 Replies 5
phtheref
Participant

Real problem at the moment is that when delivery ticket is done and it creates billing ticket... I do not know how to copy original ticket properties to the billing ticket... Or one property from deal (project date) is modified only to the delivery ticket... Anybody cloud help?

0 Upvotes
phtheref
Participant

Hi!

Some extra question.... I've created workflow which creates ticket for "service/installation" ticket pipeline at it works ok.

Also I've created date property both deals & tickets which is project start date and workflow has if/then branch which is waiting when deal information has been fullfilled (sales person has created project meeting date). This is working also and whenever this property is know it is copied also to that service ticket.

However after service has been delivered and ticket is creating other ticket to the billing ticket pipeline this property information is not copied. I really don't understand this? Is there a way to copy ticket custom property to the newly created ticket in other pipeline? Easiest way would be just clone/copy whole ticket and create cloned ticket to the other pipeline but I think that is not possible?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @phtheref,

This can be done, yes. If you update one object from another object's workflow however (here: update ticket from a deal-based workflow), HubSpot will always update all associated records (in this case all associated tickets). This might have some unexpected consequences.

How about you copy this project start date over into the ticket record along with the deal link? You can then use a ticket-based workflow to notify the ticket owner when that date arrives.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

phtheref
Participant

Thx for this... however I've another issue 🤣.

Some deals are not so straightforward types... which means that service team actions have to wait first project meeting....

So... workflow is running when deal is moved to closed won stage. I've created custom property "project start date" to the deal and same property to the ticket property. Is there a way to "update" and notify that ticket when that custom property "date" has been fullfilled? Do you get my point? Or is there better way to do this?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @phtheref,

You can create a link to the deal record using a personalization token for Deal ID. Deal record links are the exact same except for this number. With the Deal ID, you can automatically create the link: https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/1234567/deal/DEAL_ID

Simply replace "DEAL_ID" with the deal personlization token and  "1234567" in with your own portal ID (the number that is shown when you click your profile image on the upper right of the screen, right below Profile & Preferences).

A workflow could look like this:

karstenkoehler_0-1621338462741.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.