Tickets & Conversations

KSweeney27
Participant

Create Service Ticket from email received at a general inbox

SOLVE

Is there a way to create a service ticket when an email is received at a certain address? I am looking to automatically create a ticket when an email is received at (example) contactus@bbp.com. However, this address is also used for form submissions. I already have form submissions set up to create a service ticket. What I need is if a customer directly emails contactus@bbp.com needing informatoin, for that to create a service ticket. 

Is this possible?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KSweeney27,

I know that anything which is not a regular inbox tends to cause issues. You'll notice the moment you try to connect the inbox as a conversations inbox channel: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/inbox/connect-channels-to-the-conversations-inbox

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
KSweeney27
Participant

SOLVE

You were correct. It needed to be set up as an actual mailbox, a distribution list or shared mailbox did not work. 

A couple more questions....

Is there a way to have the body of the message be part of the service ticket. For other service tickets I can add the fields from the form, but I can't seem to find a way to add the body of the email to the ticket so that the person handling it does not need access to the email itself. 

Also, it seems when I have connected the mailbox, it gets cc'd on responses even when people are not adding that address? Can this be set up that it only creates the ticket and then nothing else after that?

0 Upvotes
KSweeney27
Participant

SOLVE

Thank you for the quick response. Do you know if this works if the email is set up as a distribution list in outlook? Not a mailbox?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KSweeney27,

I know that anything which is not a regular inbox tends to cause issues. You'll notice the moment you try to connect the inbox as a conversations inbox channel: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/inbox/connect-channels-to-the-conversations-inbox

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @KSweeney27,

Yes, this is possible, see here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/tickets/create-tickets#create-tickets-in-your-conversations-inbox

New incoming emails in a conversations inbox can trigger the creation of tickets. This is one of the main use cases within Service Hub Professional.

Form submissions notifications sent to the same email address will not be an issue. They come from noreply@hubspot.com and will automatically go into spam, not triggering the creation of a ticket.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

0 Upvotes