Tickets & Conversations

paulem
Participant

Create Conversation for imported Tickets

SOLVE

We imported a bunch of tickets from our old CRM tool into hubspot. Now all these tickets are visible for our customers in the customer portal, which is great, but it only shows the headline and no content and no follow up conversations.

It turns out the customer portal only pulls the title of a ticket and then shows the conversation messages.

In my case there was no conversation to any of the imported tickets, so nothing was shown.

I tried to somehow create a conversation for each ticket with the information, but it seems like there is no way to do that (neither in the UI nor the API) - or am I missing something?

1 Accepted solution
louischausse
Solution
Key Advisor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @paulem ,

There is no need to import conversations (which is impossible at the moment)

You can simply import "Emails" and associate them with your tickets using the Multple Object import tools:

Go to the import tool https://app.hubspot.com/import/YOUR_HUB_ID/new-import/

And select the following

louischausse_0-1679402250699.png

louischausse_1-1679402275451.png

Since that you already imported your ticket you may want to export them first to have a Record ID for each record and use it as a unique key to associate your Emails record to the contact Records

Don't forget to mark my reply as a solution if you are satisfied. If not, do not hesitate to ask me anything!

Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Signature
Louis Chaussé from Auxilio HubSpot Solutions Partner Meeting link

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
louischausse

SOLVE

@IWhite @TGulie I am sorry your right those imported emails doesn't show up on the customer portal

IWhite
Participant

SOLVE

Hi,

To echo @TGulie's question below:

Is there any way to show these imported emails in Ticket's thread in Customer Portal ?

We've gone to the trouble of migrating >28,000 tickets over from Zendesk and all our clients can see - some of which have history going back over a decade to 2012 - is a list of past tickets and no details behind them.

Often tickets would contain detailed instructions on how to achieve a certain objective - relevant to a client's specific circumstance - and it's gone from the clients' view.

The reputational hit and additional workload caused is significant.

Tagging @PamCotton - if you can reach out to the wider community and all internal resources HubSpot has available, we're keen to find a solution asap, please.

Thank you,
Ian..

louischausse
Solution

SOLVE

Hi @paulem ,

There is no need to import conversations (which is impossible at the moment)

You can simply import "Emails" and associate them with your tickets using the Multple Object import tools:

Go to the import tool https://app.hubspot.com/import/YOUR_HUB_ID/new-import/

And select the following

louischausse_0-1679402250699.png

louischausse_1-1679402275451.png

Since that you already imported your ticket you may want to export them first to have a Record ID for each record and use it as a unique key to associate your Emails record to the contact Records

Don't forget to mark my reply as a solution if you are satisfied. If not, do not hesitate to ask me anything!

IWhite
Participant

SOLVE

Hi @louischausse  - can I just check, please, is your expectation that by using the method you've outlined, emails will appear in the Customer Portal?

Many thanks, Ian..

0 Upvotes
TGulie
Participant

SOLVE

Hello @louischausse.

The emails imported as you mentioned appear only on Ticket's timeline as logged emails, but not in Inbox therefore not in Customer Portal for our clients to see

Is there any way to show these imported emails in Ticket's thread in Customer Portal ?

kverho
Participant

SOLVE
0 Upvotes
kverho
Participant

SOLVE

It is truly shocking that currently there's no way to import support history so that the end customers would actually be able to see it on the customer portal.

paulem
Participant

SOLVE

Awesome, thx!

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hello @paulem, thank you for posting in our Community!
I want to invite our top experts to this conversation @KMI @louischausse any suggestions for  @paulem matter?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes