Conversations not recognizing logged-in users

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Hi. We've been using Conversations successfully on our website. As long as the user is cookied, HS recognizes them so we know who we're talking to.

But this isn't working in our SaaS product. We just launched this week, after spending weeks of testing & trying to get the code to work. But, it's still not working. Every user who starts a chat after logging in to our platform is coming up as an unknown user.

It's not a good experience for our customers when we don't know who we're talking to.

Anyone else get this to work inside their SaaS product?

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
Community Thought Leader | Diamond Partner

Hi @rachelbjordan 

I've not seen this working but in conversations with HubSpot it was suggested to me that by getting your SaaS login form to trigger a HubSpot Form Submit API call, you could ensure that logged in users were also cookied for the purposes of identification in chat. 

Hope this helps?

Phil Vallender | Inbound marketing for B2B technology companies
0 Upvotes
Regular Contributor

Thanks! I'll try that. Not sure what my CTO changed, but in the latest iteration, we are seeing at least 1/2 of our people come through as recognized.

Interestingly, yesterday we had someone come through that we think was mis-identified...I think b/c of the whole thing where cookies get shared & then one person gets added onto another person's record.

We'll keep trying. And, even with the glitches, having chat in our platform is better than not having it.

0 Upvotes