Conversations : filtered email

New Contributor

Hi guys,

I have a Hubsport form sending an email to sales@mycie.com. The address sales@mycie.com is a channel in conversations. 

The thing is forms in Hubspot send notification from address noreply@hubspot.com and it seems that this address is always filtered by default. 

In my settings, all "Filtering" rules are set to off and I whitelisted noreply@hubspot.com as wall as @hubspot.com.

But according to this page:  https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/conversations/set-up-email-filters-in-your-conver... it seems impossible to whitelist noreply@hubspot.com

Do you guys have a solution in mind? Is there a way to change the from address of the forms?

Regards

3 Replies 3
Regular Contributor

Hi @avezina,

Do you have access to workflows? If so, you can create custom follow up emails after form submissions and have them sent to a specific email address.

Otherwise, I think your feedback in regards to wanting to be able to unfilter noreply@hubspot.com would be best shared in the ideas forum.

0 Upvotes
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply @jetta

Sadly I don't have access to automation. I think I will have to settle with removing forms from inbox.

Thanks again, I will go take a look at the ideas forum

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Top Contributor

This is a very poor feature.  I totally support your case! We have exactly the same problem.  (I put the word suc*s - like a vacuum cleaner - but it was deemed inappropriate.  Sorry for any offence caused.) 

I escalated this issue with support and after a bit of a debate, they stated that it is not possible to whitelist @hubspot.com. Period.

Quote: Specifically, in certain set-ups where the shared inbox email is the same as the connected account email - it will create an unending cycle of emails where each incoming email will trigger a notification email from noreply@hubspot.com which will then arrive in the inbox and so on. (This is a problem most email tools solved at the beginning of this century to prevent one "out-of-office" message continuously replying to another.)

We've resorted to asking everyone who uses the Inbox conversation tool to keep an eye on the "filtered" list and then manually "un-spam" the messages.  Fortunately, you can disassociate the message with noreply@hubspot and reassociate it with the correct contact. 

But it's this bit that really frustrates me: If the contact who posted the message on the form gets added to HubSpot automatically (because it is a successful form-submission), why does HubSpot blacklist that form-submission message?

Aargh... Sorry for the rant Smiley Tongue

I don't believe we're alone in wanting a HubSpot Form on our HubSpot website to send a HubSpot message to our HubSpot conversation tool, and NOT have the message blocked as spam by HubSpot!!  

Ok, I've finished now. Smiley Happy