Tickets & Conversations

rjbudding
Participant | Diamond Partner

Conversation Onwnership not set correctly while Contact Owner is known

Hi

We have an Inbox that has Forms connected. The Forms have an onwership routing rule of Contact Owner first, if Unknown then Team A. 

What happens is that when a new form gets submitted, and a new contact + company needs to be created, a workflow is setting the conact/company ownership. So far so good.

But, that Conversation then is getting the wrong owner. It ignores the fact that the contact has a Contact Owner and automaticly assigns someone from Team A. Probably because Conversation ownership is decided before the workflows can set their onwnership, looking at the timestamps. But there is no way to defer the Conversation routing rules...

Anyone has a solution for this?

edit: all users have paid accounts

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

@rjbudding - I have an idea that might work... I didn't have a chance to build it out, so I'm not sure what options you'll have when you get to assigning ownership in step 3.

For form submission, turn off the assignment rules for the form submission via the inbox and setup a workflow with a delay instead.

Workflow trigger:

form submitted = form name

you might also need a date criteria to start after you turn off the auto-assignment so that old form submission contacts aren't enrolled (you can also choose not to enroll contacts who already meet the criteria)

Step 1 = add delay for 5 minutes, can be less based on your review that it takes about 1 minute, but I would try this as a start point.

Step 2 = add if/then branch for whether there is or is not a contact owner

Step 3 = if no owner, set a task for team A (I'm not sure if you can round robin the ownership from a workflow)

if owner, set property value for ticket, ticket owner to contact owner (again, can't remember how much control you have here)

I'm not very familiar with the assignment rules for ownership, especially when it comes to tickets, but maybe one of the others will know how to take the idea and make it work.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

rjbudding

Thanks for your reply!

Yes, that is part of the issue. The rules are: First Contact Owner, Else Team. But Contact Owner, for new contacts, is set a minute later because it needs to complete a workflow first, so the Conversation automation thinks there is no Owner, so Else (Team). 

Is there a way to speed up the ownership assignment process or vice versa?

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @rjbudding,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

Have you already tried configuring the connected form's routing rules?  

I also want to tag in a couple of HubSpot experts to see if they have any best practice advice for your use case: 

hi @Olivia_Bagnall@HubDoPete@Jnix284, do you have any tips for @rjbudding? Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team    

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Upvotes