Tickets & Conversations

BMottram
Participant

Contact Creation

SOLVE

There should be an option to add new emails as contacts if not already or send to spam. Why isnt this an option, crazy??

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Contact Creation

SOLVE

Hi @BMottram,

This is currently not possible. Other users have requested this before: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Disable-automatic-contact-creation-for-Conversations/...

I'd recommend upvoting and commenting. The product team reviews these requests based on their popularity.

You can help others find this request more easily by accepting my reply as a solution. I'd appreciate it!

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Contact Creation

SOLVE

Hi @BMottram,

If you're referring to the conversations inbox, these options exist. To mark an email as spam, use the More dropdown in the top right corner:

karstenkoehler_0-1669353902365.png

Incoming messages that are not yet associated to a contact record are quickly associated with this option in the top right corner:

karstenkoehler_1-1669353976127.png

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

BMottram
Participant

Contact Creation

SOLVE
Hi,

My issue is with the system automatically creating contacts for every email
received in the inbox. We have 30% email either sales or unrelated that we
do not want created as a contact?
0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Contact Creation

SOLVE

Hi @BMottram,

This is currently not possible. Other users have requested this before: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Disable-automatic-contact-creation-for-Conversations/...

I'd recommend upvoting and commenting. The product team reviews these requests based on their popularity.

You can help others find this request more easily by accepting my reply as a solution. I'd appreciate it!

Have a great day!

Karsten Köhler

elm_dan

Contact Creation

SOLVE

A filter that allows or denies specific domains from triggering a contact creation is not an acceptable solution. We need to be able to turn off the auto-generation of contacts everytime someone sends an email. Why is this so difficult to fix?

0 Upvotes