Tickets & Conversations

tj03
Participant

Configure Chat Transcripts

SOLVE

Is there a way to configure the chat transcript email?  I'd like to change the button at the bottom of the transcript.  We are a SaaS organization.  Each of our customers has their own website on our domain and each website includes the chat widget, so when the customer receives their chat transcript, the button at the bottom just takes them to their own website (where they originated the chat).  This is useless for them.  I'd like to change the button so that it takes them to the Customer Portal instead.  Is there a way to do that?

2 Accepted solutions
jolle
Solution
Recognized Expert | Partner

SOLVE

Hey @tj03, thanks for posting!

As far as I know, the chat transcript email from HubSpot is not editable beyond the "From" email address and subject line. I encourage you to share this desired feature in the HubSpot Ideas Forum to see if any other users are looking for the same thing!

That said, is there any other way that you can share the link to the Customer Portal within your chat? If you're using a chatbot, you could automate a message containing the link to the portal at any step, including the goodbye.

Alternatively, you could configure a workflow to send an email to a contact once they complete a chat conversation (using the "Enroll in a workflow" chatbot step). That email could contain any info that you'd like to share with the contact.

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature

View solution in original post

Jnix284
Solution
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

SOLVE

@tj03 before closing the chat, your team could use a snippet that includes the link to the customer portal.

maybe #portal-link and then set it up so it is preconfigured to add the link in their closing of the chat.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Jnix284
Solution

SOLVE

@tj03 before closing the chat, your team could use a snippet that includes the link to the customer portal.

maybe #portal-link and then set it up so it is preconfigured to add the link in their closing of the chat.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

jolle
Solution

SOLVE

Hey @tj03, thanks for posting!

As far as I know, the chat transcript email from HubSpot is not editable beyond the "From" email address and subject line. I encourage you to share this desired feature in the HubSpot Ideas Forum to see if any other users are looking for the same thing!

That said, is there any other way that you can share the link to the Customer Portal within your chat? If you're using a chatbot, you could automate a message containing the link to the portal at any step, including the goodbye.

Alternatively, you could configure a workflow to send an email to a contact once they complete a chat conversation (using the "Enroll in a workflow" chatbot step). That email could contain any info that you'd like to share with the contact.

Hope this helps!!

Jacob Olle

Marketing Operations Manager

HubSpot Certified Trainer

Create Your Own Free Signature