Tickets & Conversations

deegeetee
Participant

Clearing Emails from Inbox When The Pipeline Status Changes

Our area works mostly from the pipeline and we don't use the inbox much. The inbox that corresponds with our pipeline area is getting full - almost 300 emails. We close some tickets in the pipeline as soon as they come in to our first column/status (so they clear from the inbox). But most stay open, get worked on, and change status as they proceed along the pipeline. These are mostly automated ones with contracts or forms.

Often, we name a pipeline ticket as a project and merge 3 or 4 tickets into it. Tickets passes through 4 statuses or columns arriving at "Setup Complete." During the 1st 3 columns/statuses, it says "Open for x days." When it gets to the 4th column, it says "Closed on x date," which is good. (I'm not sure where this operation is set up). But it is not closing the emails in the inbox. Is there a way to keep tickets in the status of "Setup Complete" but have the individual email(s) in the inbox close? 

I did see from the pipeline > board actions > edit stages > you can configure statuses. For each stage, there is an Open Or Closed option. What exactly does this mean? Does it close tasks, emails, etc.? The 4 columns/statuses I mentioned above all say Open.

Thanks!

0 Upvotes
1 Reply 1
kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

Clearing Emails from Inbox When The Pipeline Status Changes

Hi @deegeetee,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and for this info!

The "Open" and "Closed" feature you are referring to is in regards to the "Close Date" property. When you select "Close" as an option for a specific ticket status, HubSpot will automatically set the Close Date to the date the ticket is moved to said pipeline status. 

Current it's not possible to directly archive conversations if they meet certain rules with conversations or workflow tool. A workaround you could consider is routing those conversations to an specific member or team so they can archive them manually.

That is a great suggestion though and I appreciate you explaining how it would help you out. I would encourage you to upvote this similar request in the Ideas Forum.

Our product team, who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well. 

I hope this helps!

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !