Olá! Nós temos uma Comunidade em Português!

Chats are not displayed in associated company view

Highlighted
Berater

I noticed a weird thing recently. There is a chat which is associated with a person and a company. In a contact view with all filters enabled (including conversations), I can see the chat. In a company view with all filters enabled (including conversations), I don't see the chat. 

This behaviour seems inconsistent to me; if a company has 10 contacts I would need to check all of them to make sure I am not missing a chat we had with any of them. 

Solution: 

Show all associated conversations including chats in the company view. 

Responder
0 Avaliação positiva
5 Respostas 5
Community-Manager

Hi @ThatGuy,

Chats that are associated with the contact should show up on the company record as well. 

If you are still experiencing this issue can you please share screenshots of specific examples including the chat on the contact level and what you are seeing on the company level?

Thank you,
Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Responder
0 Avaliação positiva
Berater

Hi @jennysowyrda

It is weird but I checked the conversation again and found that it wasn't associated with the company though I thought it was. If I add an association, it works as it should. 

When the new chat is created, it is only associated with the contact, not the company. Is there any way to change this? 

Responder
0 Avaliação positiva
Community-Manager

Hi @ThatGuy,

The only way to associate the chat with the company will be from the contact record. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 2.01.31 PM.png

Once the chat has been logged to the contact you can add it to the company record as well. 

Thank you,

Jenny

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
Responder
0 Avaliação positiva
Berater

@jennysowyrda so there is no way to do it except manually assigning the chat to the company? 

Responder
0 Avaliação positiva
Community-Manager

Hi @ThatGuy,

There is no way to associate the chat with the company from the conversations screen, that is correct. 

If you would like to see a more streamlined way of associating companies and conversations, I would recommend creating an idea in our ideas forum

Thank you,

Jenny

Responder
0 Avaliação positiva