Chatflow Bot availability and office hours
12-21-2018 04:12 - last edited a week ago by jtremblay
Hey everyone, we have an update to this,
We've recently opened up a beta to address these issues. You can create bots that truly respect their teams working styles—whether that means creating chatflows that display when their team is online, when their team is away, or conditionally based on specific agent availability. With this beta, you can now:
- Show a chatflow based on availability
- Use new a if/then branch type called “agent availability”
- Handoff bots to agents based on availability
How it works:
1. Showing a chatflow based on availability: Not all of our users want their chatflows live on their site all the time. With this new control, they’ll be able to create chatflows that respect their team’s availability schedule.
2. New if/then branch type called “agent availability”: When creating or editing a chatflow, users can now route their visitors down different paths based on their agent & team’s availability using the “agent availability” if/then branch type.
3. Bots handoff to agents based on availability: We’ve improved how we handle routing based on availability—taking into account first the team’s general availability settings, and then looking at individual agent availability. This will result in less chats being missed because of confusion around availability controls.
For example, if you have “During business hours” selected for your team’s inbox availability, and a customer interacts with a bot outside of those business hours, they will not be routed to agents, and instead routed to the “Unassigned” pool in your inbox so that your team doesn’t lose critical conversations.
If you would like early access to the beta, please fill out this form forms.gle/K7cCMUXmFUpVfiKH9