Tickets & Conversations

jamesmarxdev
Participant

Chatbot is user online status?

Hi there, 

Would be great to know if a user is still online in support chat?

4 Replies 4
TuffaCharlie
Participant

Agreed - other online chat facilities do have this functionality. 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @TuffaCharlie , I recommend you to check this idea currently in planning here upvoting the idea will inform you once any updates is live.

Kindly,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

jamesmarxdev
Participant

Thank you for your reply @PamCotton. It's more directed at "it's for the visitor you would like to see their online status". I'll make sure to go and upvote and comment on the mentioned post. Thanks so much!! 

0 Upvotes
PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @jamesmarxdev 👋

To clarify, are you looking to see if the internal users are online who visitors are speaking with?

If so, live chat will allow you to select team availability and it will route to a member who is currently set to "available".

This article here explains this process, and you can also see which users are available when assigning conversations .

User's availability can be set on the bottom left when navigating to Conversations > Inbox.

If it's for the visitor you would like to see their online status, I can confirm that currently, it is not possible with our chat feature. However, this idea has been posted here with the status set to "In planning" by our Product Team. I would recommend commenting there as who monitors the forum regularly, can read your specific use case and understand why this would be a useful functionality or change. It also helps other customers facing the same issue to advocate for its implementation on your behalf by upvoting on the thread as well.

I hope this helps.

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !