Tickets & Conversations

JHeyns
Membro

Chat behavior - does not always open up

I am wanting to have the chat window always open up when a customer comes to my Shopify site. I have the chat widget set up and it will open up majority of the time.   The scenario that it is not always opening is the following. I am trying to verify this is Hubspot's standard behavior.

User is on the site, they are prompted correctly with chat window.  The user chats with an agent and eventually closes the chat window with the X.  The chat just then has the message bubble.  User comes back to the site, the chat does not open up, but rather only shows the small chat message bubble at the bottom right (where we have configured it).

Is the only way that the chat message welcome screen will show up again on the next visit is if they come in on a new browser session; a new browser session with cache cleared or a completely different browser?

Thank you,

Jenny

0 Avaliação positiva
3 Respostas 3
sdfdsfds
Membro

@MiaSrebrnjak I have the same potential issue as natsumimori - a few of our site visitors are not seeing the live chat bubble re-appear for specific devices; on other machines its reported they do see the chat bubble, so is it possible the cache is not clearing after 30 mins for certain browsers? Any advice on which browsers/version or a specific browser setup we could advise our visitors? thanks!

0 Avaliação positiva
MiaSrebrnjak
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

Hi @JHeyns,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! 

This behaviour is expected: when a visitor manually closes the chat widget, the hs-messages-is-open cookie (documented here) will prevent the widget from automatically re-opening on subsequent page loads in that browser session. The cookie, however, should expire after 30 minutes:

Screenshot 2021-05-04 at 14.47.23.png

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have additional questions. 

Cheers,

Mia

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings

0 Avaliação positiva
JHeyns
Membro

Thank you, the cookie doesn't seem to be expiring after 30 minutes. Is
there a way to double check this?

0 Avaliação positiva