Tickets & Conversations

AaronBoatin
Contributor

Can you automatically assign ticket owner to user who closed ticket?

SOLVE

I'm trying to get ServiceHub to automatically asign the ticket owner to the user who closed the ticket.

We're trying to switch from Zendesk.

What we are familiar with in Zendesk, is that that when a user solves (closes) a ticket, it is assigned to them.

Right now, I can't figure out a way to do this and it is a deal breaker to make the switch. 

I would be grateful if someone knew a way to do this.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AaronBoatin,

As far as I know, there isn't any way to automate this, no. The person who closes the ticket would have to quickly check whether they're also the ticket owner and, if not, make that change before moving on to the next ticket.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
RBozeman
Participant

SOLVE

Hey @AaronBoatin,

Gave the Ideas thread you linked to an upvote 🙂 Yes as far as I know there is currently no way to do this. 

Also not sure if this is helpful since your entire migration is dependent on this feature, but Insycle can help with this. Full disclosure, I work there. But Simple if/then routing is easy in Insycle. Here's a screenshot of what this might look like:

if then insycle.png

Then, you could automate this process to run on a set schedule (hourly, daily, weekly) or even inject it into HubSpot Workflows so that the ownership change is made immediately after the ticket is closed. 

Hope that's helpful!

Best,

Ryan

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @AaronBoatin,

As far as I know, there isn't any way to automate this, no. The person who closes the ticket would have to quickly check whether they're also the ticket owner and, if not, make that change before moving on to the next ticket.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

AaronBoatin
Contributor

SOLVE

Hi @karstenkoehler thanks for responding, if you are up for it, please support this idea: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Ticket-Owner-automation/idi-p/290834

Apparently I am not alone in my suffering 😀

0 Upvotes