Tickets & Conversations

doter
Participant

Can cookie associated with a contact be used to fill in contact variables in a chatflow?

SOLVE

Hello everyone,

I am creating a bot that Targets specific visitors using segmented lists.

In theory, the visitor has been identified as a contact that belongs to a segmented list by the hubspot cookie so this bot will only show up then. If so, if I create a chatflow for this target visitor then will their name be shown in the chatbot as shown below? 

doter_0-1675468695930.png

Any help is much appreciated!

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
kvlschaefer
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Can cookie associated with a contact be used to fill in contact variables in a chatflow?

SOLVE

Hi @doter,

Thanks for reaching out!

In order for personalization tokens to show a value, the contact viewing it must be a tracked visitor with a contact record in your CRM and a known property value for that token.

I also wanted to share this help article regarding using targetting rules. 

It states that you can target visitors from a segmented list as long as the visitor is considered a tracked visitor and is a member of the segmented list

If you need assistance with the chatflow setup or troubleshooting a contact, I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and further information about this.

Best,

Kristen

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
doter
Participant

SOLVE

This is very helpful. Thanks Kristen!

kvlschaefer
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @doter,

You're very welcome, Federico! 

Glad to hear those resources helped 🙂

Have a great day,

Kristen

0 Upvotes
kvlschaefer
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @doter,

Thanks for reaching out!

In order for personalization tokens to show a value, the contact viewing it must be a tracked visitor with a contact record in your CRM and a known property value for that token.

I also wanted to share this help article regarding using targetting rules. 

It states that you can target visitors from a segmented list as long as the visitor is considered a tracked visitor and is a member of the segmented list

If you need assistance with the chatflow setup or troubleshooting a contact, I would recommend connecting with HubSpot Technical Support, as Support is included in your subscription and they will be able to provide real-time assistance for this matter, where you are able to share screenshots and further information about this.

Best,

Kristen

0 Upvotes