Tickets & Conversations

ELamps

Can I use the Gmail extension to log emails to Service Tickets?

SOLVE

Hey Guys, 

We've recently switched to service hub and I know I can send emails directly from support tickets, but I use the gmail integration to log a lot of sales emails and I'm wondering if I can do something similar for support. 

When I go to log an email in Gmail it only gives me the option of attaching to contact, company or deal, any way I can add support ticket to this? Do I have to assign the contact as the primary contact on the support ticket?

Cheers, Lamps

1 Accepted solution
bsheen
Solution
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @ELamps,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

If you have a Ticket associated with a Contact and send an email to that Contact from the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension, you will have the option to log the email to the Ticket.
- see Track and log emails with the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 7.03.37 AM.png

I hope this helps! If you are still having issues with this, please feel free to DM me and we can go over the process together!

Best,

Brendan

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
bsheen
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @JMoffett,

From the Chrome extension, if we are sending to an email address that already has an associated ticket, we would need to click the Log button, and associate the Ticket for every email. However, this should be a simple 2-click process. Where are you entering the ticket number when logging?

Screen Shot 2021-06-03 at 5.38.59 AM.png

Please feel free to DM me as well, and we can go over a few of the Chrome extension features together. 

Best,

Brendan

JMoffett

SOLVE

Hi Brendan, 

That screenshot is where I have been logging it! I have seen a BCC:number@hubspot that pops up sometimes, is that also a way to track it? Lastly, how do I DM you?

Thanks! 

Jackie

0 Upvotes
bsheen
Solution
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @ELamps,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

If you have a Ticket associated with a Contact and send an email to that Contact from the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension, you will have the option to log the email to the Ticket.
- see Track and log emails with the HubSpot Sales Chrome extension

Screen Shot 2021-05-12 at 7.03.37 AM.png

I hope this helps! If you are still having issues with this, please feel free to DM me and we can go over the process together!

Best,

Brendan

JMoffett

SOLVE

Hi Brendan, 

Question about this - I am able to log emails to tickets, but I have to add the ticket number in every time I reply to a thread. Is there a way to ensure that once you attach a ticket to an email thread that you only have to do it once? 

Thanks! 

Jackie

0 Upvotes
bsheen
HubSpot Moderator
HubSpot Moderator

SOLVE

Hi @JMoffett,

Thanks for reaching out!

What HubSpot Sales Extension are you using to log emails in HubSpot?
-see Install HubSpot Sales for Gmail, Office 365, and Outlook desktop

Best,

Brendan

0 Upvotes
JMoffett

SOLVE

Hi Brendan, 

I am using the Chrome Extension for gmail! Still learning how to use it, obviously. 🙂

Jackie

0 Upvotes
ELamps

SOLVE

Thanks Bredan!

0 Upvotes