Tickets & Conversations

wnell
Participant

Business hours delay in ticket workflow

SOLVE

I have a simple requirement: If a ticket is received in our Default Support pipeline, and is in status NEW, I want to add a workflow that delays for 4 business hours, then, if there are no agent replies, send an email to the agent to remind them that there is a ticket outstanding that they should attend to.

However, Hubspot only has a Delay for X Hours action - and I presume this does not honour business hours.  So if a ticket is received say 16:00 and we close at 17:00, the agent will get a reminder email at 20:00 which is wrong, because tehnically they are only delayed by 1 hour.  It should fire 11:00 the next day assuming an 08:00 work day start time.

How do I implement this?

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @wnell,

You're right, you'd think that this is doable in HubSpot. I've played around a little bit but couldn't find a solution. The only tools in workflows for this kind of delay management are the workflow working hours in the Settings tab and the delay actions. However, delays also execute outside of working hours so they're not of any help here.

For now, you'd have to set your working hours and add a four hour delay. Using your example, if a ticket came in at 4pm, you close at 5pm, the reminder would be sent at 8am. Why? The delay of four hours would end at 8pm, but since the workflow is on pause outside of your defined business hours (Settings tab), the next action would be executed first thing in the morning. See also here.

If you want to request additional options, you can do so in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these suggestions.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @wnell,

You're right, you'd think that this is doable in HubSpot. I've played around a little bit but couldn't find a solution. The only tools in workflows for this kind of delay management are the workflow working hours in the Settings tab and the delay actions. However, delays also execute outside of working hours so they're not of any help here.

For now, you'd have to set your working hours and add a four hour delay. Using your example, if a ticket came in at 4pm, you close at 5pm, the reminder would be sent at 8am. Why? The delay of four hours would end at 8pm, but since the workflow is on pause outside of your defined business hours (Settings tab), the next action would be executed first thing in the morning. See also here.

If you want to request additional options, you can do so in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these suggestions.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.