Tickets & Conversations

M4tr1xN30
Contributor

Block Ticket Close without Resolution

SOLVE

Hi All. Currently new to HubSpot, so apologies if this has been asked elsewhere. I couldnt seem to fine a definitive answer.

I'm wondering if it is possible to stop a ticket being closed, if there is no resolution set?

I've created a couple of test tickets, at various stages in the pipelines, but I'm able to close a ticket, without a resolution being set.

Am i missing a setting or something else to give me this function?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @M4tr1xN30,

Ha, you're right, it's simply not listed here among the other default ticket properties. In any case, unfortunately, you cannot block a ticket from being closed based on another ticket property. There aren't any options for that.

It looks like you're on a Professional subscription however and you could create a workflow that enrolls tickets that are closed but not resolved. The workflow could move the ticket back into a previous status and send the ticket owner an internal notification:

karstenkoehler_0-1637161373748.png

In the body of the email, you can reference a ticket directly with a personalization token: https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/YOUR_PORTAL_ID/ticket/TICKET_ID/  Simply replace YOUR_PORTAL_ID with your portal ID, and TICKET_ID with a personalization token Ticket ID. HubSpot will then build the correct link in each notification for easy access of the ticket.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @M4tr1xN30,

How are you documenting whether a ticket is resolved or not?

Generally, you could prevent certain users from making edits to a property, but it's currently not possible to prevent a user from closing a ticket based on other conditions.

Best regards

Karsten Köhler

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
M4tr1xN30
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks for replying. So currently, a resolution should be set in the resolution property on the ticket. I think this is a standard HubSpot property?

Ideally,we'd like to restrict users from closing a ticket if no resolution (currently a dropdown with options) is selected.

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @M4tr1xN30,

Ha, you're right, it's simply not listed here among the other default ticket properties. In any case, unfortunately, you cannot block a ticket from being closed based on another ticket property. There aren't any options for that.

It looks like you're on a Professional subscription however and you could create a workflow that enrolls tickets that are closed but not resolved. The workflow could move the ticket back into a previous status and send the ticket owner an internal notification:

karstenkoehler_0-1637161373748.png

In the body of the email, you can reference a ticket directly with a personalization token: https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/YOUR_PORTAL_ID/ticket/TICKET_ID/  Simply replace YOUR_PORTAL_ID with your portal ID, and TICKET_ID with a personalization token Ticket ID. HubSpot will then build the correct link in each notification for easy access of the ticket.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler

M4tr1xN30
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks so much for your help and the suggestion! I'll have a play and see if i can acheive some level of desired result using the workflow route!

Learning everyday! 🙂 

Thanks again.

Mark