Tickets & Conversations

CPresz
Member | Gold Partner
Member | Gold Partner

Automating ticket creation through workflows

SOLVE

Hi everyone!

I would need to be able to create a ticket after a client fills out a hubspot form (with ticket properties, of course). I need this to be automated. Right now, it creates a task to our client experience team, but I would want it to create a ticket that's attributed to that team, and not a task.

Does anyone know how to do this / if it's even possible?

Thank you!

0 Upvotes
2 Accepted solutions
JBeatty
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CPresz,

HubSpot natively supports creating tickets from form submissions, without even requiring the use of a workflow. When you are creating a form toggle on the Automatic ticket creation switch in the Ticket Properties section. If you need specific properties to be filled in, you could add a hidden field to the form, with a default value. If you need even more flexibility than this, you could trigger a workflow off of said default hidden property. When these tools in mind, automatic ticket creation from a form can be very exhaustive in its customizability.

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Joshua Beatty
Software Developer with Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk

View solution in original post

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CPresz,

Actually there is no need for a workflow here. You can create ticket-specific forms:

karstenkoehler_0-1628220898051.png

When you create such a form, HubSpot asks you to connect it to an inbox. This is where things get a bit confusing. While you think HubSpot should be able to create ticket records right from the form, it uses a conversation inbox as an additional step in the middle.

Once you select the inbox, you can see in the Options tab of the form that the "Automatically create tickets" option is enabled:

karstenkoehler_1-1628221024424.png

Should you need to edit the default ticket fields, click on "Manage settings" and you should see a list of channels, including your form. Hover the mouse over the form, click "Edit" and on the next screen you should be able to "Edit ticket":

karstenkoehler_2-1628221128872.png

You can also find a step-by-step instruction here: Create tickets in your conversations inbox

If you still want to create tasks on top of these tickets, that could be done with a simple ticket-based workflow: Enroll tickets when Pipeline is X and Create date is known, followed by one action, creating a task.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CPresz,

Actually there is no need for a workflow here. You can create ticket-specific forms:

karstenkoehler_0-1628220898051.png

When you create such a form, HubSpot asks you to connect it to an inbox. This is where things get a bit confusing. While you think HubSpot should be able to create ticket records right from the form, it uses a conversation inbox as an additional step in the middle.

Once you select the inbox, you can see in the Options tab of the form that the "Automatically create tickets" option is enabled:

karstenkoehler_1-1628221024424.png

Should you need to edit the default ticket fields, click on "Manage settings" and you should see a list of channels, including your form. Hover the mouse over the form, click "Edit" and on the next screen you should be able to "Edit ticket":

karstenkoehler_2-1628221128872.png

You can also find a step-by-step instruction here: Create tickets in your conversations inbox

If you still want to create tasks on top of these tickets, that could be done with a simple ticket-based workflow: Enroll tickets when Pipeline is X and Create date is known, followed by one action, creating a task.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

JBeatty
Solution
Guide | Diamond Partner
Guide | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @CPresz,

HubSpot natively supports creating tickets from form submissions, without even requiring the use of a workflow. When you are creating a form toggle on the Automatic ticket creation switch in the Ticket Properties section. If you need specific properties to be filled in, you could add a hidden field to the form, with a default value. If you need even more flexibility than this, you could trigger a workflow off of said default hidden property. When these tools in mind, automatic ticket creation from a form can be very exhaustive in its customizability.

✔️ Was I able to help answer your question? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Joshua Beatty
Software Developer with Pearagon

Still have questions? Let's Talk