Tickets & Conversations

JByrne2
Contributor

Automatically close the conversation when the associated ticket is closed.

SOLVE

Hi, 

Problem - The associated conversation does not close automatically when the ticket is closed. The solution from HubSpot HERE is quite cumbersome when managing large ticket volumes. 

I would like the conversation to close when the assocaited ticket is closed. I looked at workflows but the conversation status is a read-only property. 

Any advice would be appreciated. 

1 Accepted solution
mbrown
Solution
Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi

If a conversation is associated to a ticket and the ticket is closed, this will automatically close any associated conversations. 

Please make sure you click the Ticket Status dropdown menu and select Closed. This will then also close any associated conversations.

footer

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
mbrown
Solution

SOLVE

Hi

If a conversation is associated to a ticket and the ticket is closed, this will automatically close any associated conversations. 

Please make sure you click the Ticket Status dropdown menu and select Closed. This will then also close any associated conversations.

footer
DavidFrahm
Participant

SOLVE

This isn't working for us the way you describe. Any ideas what could go wrong?

Here are our Ticket Pipeline values, where "Resolved" is "Closed". When we set that on Ticket Status, the associated Inbox Conversation is never Closed.

DavidFrahm_0-1701738072726.png

0 Upvotes
JByrne2
Contributor

SOLVE

Thanks Mali, 

This answers my question. 

We used solved and closed. This is why I am seeing the conversations still open. Closed for us is 30 days after solved with no follow ups and the ticket can no be re-opened.