Tickets & Conversations

JanePalmer

Automatically assign a ticket owner based on the deal owner

SOLVE

Hi! 

Could you please help me set up a workflow where the system will automatically assign the ticket based on the deal's owner? Is it even possible? 

My use case is that I have a few people on the team and want incoming tickets, the creation of which is triggered by incoming emails, to be assigned to a specific team member, who is the owner of the deal related to this contact/company or to remain unassigned if there is no deal in the system.

I would highly appreciate your help.

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JanePalmer,

Just to clarify, is the deal associated to the ticket or is the company/contact associated to the ticket and the deal is simply associated to the company/contact?

The solution here requires a Professional subscription and would look something like this:

• The object you want to copy the owner information from is the object used for the workflow, e.g. copy owner from deal to ticket means it's a deal-based workflow.
  • To enable re-enrollment of a deal when there's a new ticket, a property is needed that changes when a new ticket is added. This doesn't exist by default. I usually create a custom calculation property here which can be used for re-enrollment, e.g. a custom deal property Number of associated tickets.
  • Once created, you can use this custom property as re-enrollment trigger for a deal property and then insert the "Copy property value" action in the workflow to copy the owner from the deal to the ticket.

Without a Professional subscription, this is not possible. The details depend on how exactly your records are associated.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
jjoelthompson

SOLVE

Yes, it is possible to automatically assign a ticket owner based on the deal owner in HubSpot. You can create a workflow to achieve this.

Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Go to the Workflow tool in your HubSpot account and click on "Create Workflow".

2. Choose the "Contact-based workflow" template.

3. Give your workflow a name and choose a trigger for the workflow. In your case, you can choose "Contact property changes" and select the "Deal owner" property.

4. Set the enrollment criteria for your workflow. You can add a condition to check if the contact has a deal owner or not. If the contact has a deal owner, proceed to the next step.

5. Add an action to the workflow to "Set a property value". In the "Property" field, select "Ticket Owner" and in the "Value" field, select "Deal owner".

6. Save the workflow and turn it on.

With this workflow, when a contact's deal owner property changes, the workflow will check if the contact has a deal owner or not. If the contact has a deal owner, the workflow will automatically assign the ticket to the deal owner. If there is no deal in the system, the ticket will remain unassigned.

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @JanePalmer,

Just to clarify, is the deal associated to the ticket or is the company/contact associated to the ticket and the deal is simply associated to the company/contact?

The solution here requires a Professional subscription and would look something like this:

• The object you want to copy the owner information from is the object used for the workflow, e.g. copy owner from deal to ticket means it's a deal-based workflow.
  • To enable re-enrollment of a deal when there's a new ticket, a property is needed that changes when a new ticket is added. This doesn't exist by default. I usually create a custom calculation property here which can be used for re-enrollment, e.g. a custom deal property Number of associated tickets.
  • Once created, you can use this custom property as re-enrollment trigger for a deal property and then insert the "Copy property value" action in the workflow to copy the owner from the deal to the ticket.

Without a Professional subscription, this is not possible. The details depend on how exactly your records are associated.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.