Tickets & Conversations

drafeedie
Contributor

Automatically Unassign Conversations after XX hours of no response

We do not use the "automatically assign tickets" feature in Hubspot. Instead, conversations are manually assigned to agents after a message comes to our shared inbox. However, once a conversation is assigned, it remains assigned without any (or any easy) visibility into other agents. 

Hubspot's SLA functionality is entirely too limited, as it's strictly focused on FIRST response time or on ticket close time.

The much more useful (and I suspect common) scenario is something like this:

• Conversation is received and assigned to agent. 
    • If the agent does not reply within XX business hours, the ticket is UNASSIGNED so that all other agents can see it and also see it's aging. 
  • An agent replies to a conversation, which is linked with the ticket. The ticket (based on hubspot automation) automatically moves the ticket to "Waiting on Customer" status, or even "Closed" status.
  • Customer replies at some point... maybe in a day, a week or a month. 
    • Conversation reopens as well as ticket. All SLA's are basically off the table at this point.
    • Imagine an Agent is out sick, on vacation, etc. Or is simply very very busy based on a changing workload. 
  • The Ticket (Based on Hubspot automation) is now in "Waitin on Us" stage and the conversation is open. 
    • After XX hours, we'd like this conversation to be UNASSIGNED so that all agents have visiblity into the message and can quickly address the issue. Surely, it's possible to reassign to the same agent is that is the best path, but at least it has eyes on it. 

I have not been able to crack this code with Automation, but is it possible to write something to the effect of: 

"if the conversation is open" and "the ticket status is waiting on us" and "the last reply to the ticket conversation was over 6 hours ago", then "unassign conversation" or something to that effect? 

I imagine there's many more variable to wrap in here to continue to optimize the use cases. However, this seems to be the bare minimum to provide a huge improvement to high volume service teams. 

5 Replies 5
Teun
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

Hi @drafeedie ,

I created a coded action and workflow that solves some of your requests.

Do you have Operations Hub Pro+?

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

drafeedie
Contributor

We have Hubspot Professional
0 Upvotes
Teun

Do you also have a developer available who has experience with coded actions?

Learn more about HubSpot by following me on LinkedIn or YouTube

Did my answer solve your issue? Help the community by marking it as the solution.

drafeedie
Contributor

We do not. We typically stick to the "out of the box" workflow functionality. It seems bizarre that this is not a standard function as part of the SLA buildout. 

0 Upvotes
MiaSrebrnjak
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @drafeedie,

this is an interesting topic, thank you for posting!

I wanted to tag in a couple Service Hub and workflows experts to get their thoughts on this:

hi @Jayeshurath@CPSCB@Kevin-C@StefaniUAT, have you maybe come across a solution for a similar use case in the past? 

I have not been able to crack this code with Automation, but is it possible to write something to the effect of: 

"if the conversation is open" and "the ticket status is waiting on us" and "the last reply to the ticket conversation was over 6 hours ago", then "unassign conversation" or something to that effect? 

Thank you!

Cheers
Mia, Community Team

Wusstest du, dass es auch eine DACH-Community gibt?
Nimm an regionalen Unterhaltungen teil, indem du deine Spracheinstellungen änderst

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by
changing your language settings