Tickets & Conversations

json_ono
Participant

Automatic contact association to ticket

I have customers you send emails to create tickets in our system. Often they include others in these emails (including external suppliers). However, I cannot see these people being added to tickets as associations (internal contacts or external contacts). 

Now that customer portal is a thing, it would be good to associate these contacts to the ticket so that they can appear in the customer portal for both those who have sent the email but others that were also included.

Maybe I am missing how it needs to be done to trigger this behaviour

4 Replies 4
DStaat
Participant

Hey @json_ono,

I'm David from the hapily support team! We have a HubSpot app called Associ8 that would solve your problem. It associates two objects together based on shared values in their respective properties. Which properties? Whichever ones you choose!

If you want to see how Associ8 works you can read this blog post or look at its HubSpot Marketplace page.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'd be happy to hop on a call with you!

Best,

-David Staat

@EWood 

RGompelman
Participant

This is a big issue for me as well. Within HubSpot you only have 2 options: see your own tickets or see all tickets of a given domain. The ability to add an associated contact to a ticket through a workflow doesn't seem possible, which is madness to be frank. I've upvoted this.

EWood
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

@RGompelman, thank you for sharing your feedback!

It looks like you might have two feature requests if I'm understanding correctly.

The ability to associate multiple contacts to customer portal tickets with a cc function and/or the ability to associate through workflows. Both are still not possible at this time.

I'm not sure of your ticket creation use case but you can automatically a contact associate ticket with a workflow originally in a contact-based workflow (see screenshot). However there's no way to enroll an existing ticket and associate it with a contact since there's not an associate action in workflows. 

Screen Shot 2022-12-30 at 11.43.21 AM.png

I'd like to invite you to add the customer portal association on our Ideas Forum so our products team reviews for potential future roadmapping. The workflow association request already has some great traction here, if you'd like to add your upvote for further visibility on that idea.

Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Elyse

PamCotton
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @json_ono, thank you for the details provided! 

I want to invite our top experts @benesch_e @SNigam any recommendations to @json_ono?

Thank you,

Pam

Você sabia que a Comunidade está disponível em outros idiomas?
Participe de conversas regionais, alterando suas configurações de idioma !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Upvotes