Tickets & Conversations

LeeW
Participante

Automatic assignment of ticket to team member based upon category

resolver

I have created a team to receive notifications of when a particular form is submitted.  The form has multiple categories and would like to assign the ticket to the team member for a particular category.  Any suggestions?

0 Avaliação positiva
2 Solução aceitas
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

resolver

Hi @LeeW,

This can be achieved with a ticket-based workflow and requires a Service Hub Professional subscription. Under Menu > Automation > Workflows, you would create a workflow for tickets.

For the enrollment criteria, you would select "Category is known" and "Ticket owner is unknown". You would then use an "if/then" or "value equals" branch for each category option. As a next action in each branch, you can use the "Set property value" action to assign the ticket owner property.

karstenkoehler_0-1663681022973.png

Without a Professional subscription, this is not possible.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

SNigam
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

Hello @LeeW ,

I think there two things - 

1. First you want to create ticket on fom submission 
  2. Second you want to assign to specific team 

//Note: In your form there must be a field through which you identify in which category of ticket is to be create for this in future.

For first objective you have to write a Contact based workflow 

1. Need to add a trigger of this specfic form submission
  2. And add action of  "If /then"
  3. At last you have to add one more action of "Create Record"
  4. Here you need to choose Ticket record and fill all important properties like Ticket name and else and yes leave two fields - 1) Assign to , 2) Ticket owner.  Save it 

In above steps you have created the ticket but not assigned to anyone so for next objective you need to create a small automation -

1. Add trigger Ticket associated to: Contact Any contact where Buying Role is any of Decision Maker [Buying Role is a property I choosed a unique property of form through which you have to decide which team this ticket going to handle in your case it can be differnt]
  2. Add If/then condition based on this Buying role values holded by different contacts 
  3. In each If/Then branch you need to add action of "Rotate Record to Owner" where you can select your team in differeny branches.

Unnamed workflow - Tue Sep 20 2022 19_39_17 GMT+0530.png

I hope this will help you.

Thank you

Shubham Nigam

Exibir solução no post original

0 Avaliação positiva
2 Respostas 2
SNigam
Solução
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

resolver

Hello @LeeW ,

I think there two things - 

1. First you want to create ticket on fom submission 
  2. Second you want to assign to specific team 

//Note: In your form there must be a field through which you identify in which category of ticket is to be create for this in future.

For first objective you have to write a Contact based workflow 

1. Need to add a trigger of this specfic form submission
  2. And add action of  "If /then"
  3. At last you have to add one more action of "Create Record"
  4. Here you need to choose Ticket record and fill all important properties like Ticket name and else and yes leave two fields - 1) Assign to , 2) Ticket owner.  Save it 

In above steps you have created the ticket but not assigned to anyone so for next objective you need to create a small automation -

1. Add trigger Ticket associated to: Contact Any contact where Buying Role is any of Decision Maker [Buying Role is a property I choosed a unique property of form through which you have to decide which team this ticket going to handle in your case it can be differnt]
  2. Add If/then condition based on this Buying role values holded by different contacts 
  3. In each If/Then branch you need to add action of "Rotate Record to Owner" where you can select your team in differeny branches.

Unnamed workflow - Tue Sep 20 2022 19_39_17 GMT+0530.png

I hope this will help you.

Thank you

Shubham Nigam

0 Avaliação positiva
karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @LeeW,

This can be achieved with a ticket-based workflow and requires a Service Hub Professional subscription. Under Menu > Automation > Workflows, you would create a workflow for tickets.

For the enrollment criteria, you would select "Category is known" and "Ticket owner is unknown". You would then use an "if/then" or "value equals" branch for each category option. As a next action in each branch, you can use the "Set property value" action to assign the ticket owner property.

karstenkoehler_0-1663681022973.png

Without a Professional subscription, this is not possible.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.