Automated emails from Service Hub workflow

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

How can we automate emails from our Service Hub and keep the customer responses within the ticket thread? Currently, if we send an automated email from our ticket automation workflow if the customer responds it will open up a new ticket instead of adding it to the already open ticket.

0 Upvotes
3 Replies 3
Highlighted
Top Advisor | Gold Partner

Hi @jordan_bolt 

Is the Reply email address a Marketing Email Address? Or, is it a Conversations Email address?

If your reply email address is set to an address in your Conversations Inbox it will default to the Support Team.

Is that what you want?

Mike

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Hi Jordon,

I'm sorry to report that in cases when you utilize the Conversations inbox connected email reply-to address, this will still cause new tickets to be created because replies to marketing emails do not thread. They instead are received in HubSpot as completely new emails. Therefore, this will create new duplicate tickets for each "reply" to the automated email. 

Thank you for offering up this suggestion though! 

Cheers,

Amelia 

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

We're new to HubSpot so still getting things set up. Yesterday I used a workflow to automate the chase/close of tickets left in the status 'Waiting on Customer'. This seems to work fine, but I noticed today that when people are replying to the chaser, it's creatign a new ticket.

Is there any way around this? You mention "in cases when you utilize the Conversations inbox connected email reply-to address", but is there an alternative to doing it that way?

Gav.

0 Upvotes