Tickets & Conversations

ELichon
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Automate conversations

lösung

How can I automate client-facing communication based on tickets, within the Inbox?

I am using the beta Customer Portal, so any client facing communication needs to show up within a Conversation to be visible within the Portal. I can automate external emails based upon ticket movement/status - but external emails don't show up in the Conversation. I can manually send snippets in the Conversations, when then show up in the Conversation/Portal - but I can't figure out how to automate any Conversation communication.

Examples would be:
"Your ticket has reached {pipeline} and is being worked on by {ticket owner}. {custom ticket field}"

1 Akzeptierte Lösung
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

Automate conversations

lösung

Hi @ELichon,

As far as I know, that is currently not possible. External emails sent from either ticket- or conversation-based workflows are the only option as of now.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

0 Upvotes
3 Antworten
CSessions
Teilnehmer/-in

Automate conversations

lösung

Needing the same thing. Would love to see this function become possible. I have tried everything to get these emails into the portal and viewable to the client, but the only way to get the emails in is to manually create the email. Has there been any update on this since November?

0 Upvotes
karstenkoehler
Lösung
Berühmtheit | Partner
Berühmtheit | Partner

Automate conversations

lösung

Hi @ELichon,

As far as I know, that is currently not possible. External emails sent from either ticket- or conversation-based workflows are the only option as of now.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
ELichon
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Automate conversations

lösung

Thank you. I can certainly trigger external emails based on ticket or conversation-based workflows, but those workflows do not link nor show up in the actual conversation or ticket that triggered them, unless I'm missing something.

Use case example:

1. Support ticket comes in
  2. automated external email is sent to client saying thank you for your ticket
  3. ticket is picked up by support staff and automated external email is sent to client saying "X is working on your ticket"
  4. Support member messages client via Inbox/ticket email

# 2 and 3 do not show up in the same conversation as # 4, so if we use the new Customer Portal, you cannot see those automated status updates within the thread, unless the support staff manually uses snippets to update "Hey we're working on it", "this is complete" etc