Tickets & Conversations

WKite
Participant

Auto-Ticket creation using workflows

Hello

I was hoping someone here might be able to help me, the problem I have is with a workflow that is not completing the 'action' part (in this instance, creating a Ticket and assigning it)

We are trying to automate incoming emails from customers so that when they arrive, the workflows recognise some pre-defined words in the subject line or body of the email and creates a Ticket that is auto-assigned to an individual or a team. This can then be managed appropriately by that team. (With a view to have multiple workflows created that direct suitable emails with different key words to various functional teams)

We have tested the workflow by sending a few emails with the keywords into our connected HubSpot channels and although the emails arrive, it doesnt create any tickets 😞

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

0 Upvotes
2 Replies 2
karstenkoehler
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

Hi @WKite,

What exactly have you set up so far?

The general approach is outlined here: Create tickets in your conversations inbox – in the inbox settings, you want to choose the "Treat incoming conversations as support tickets" option. Once this is enabled, ticket records will be created. (Settings > Inbox > Inboxes) The options here can be a bit confusing, feel free to share a screenshot if you're getting lost.

You can then set up a ticket-based workflow that enrolls all tickets, this can be done with the enrollment trigger "Create date is known". You would then use an if/then branch to check the Ticket description field. (This field contains the email body.)

E.g. If Ticket description contains keyword 1, assign ticket to Ticket owner 1.

If you're getting stuck at any of the above steps, could you let me know which one?

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

WKite
Participant

Thanks @karstenkoehler 

I have actually started from scratch now using your recommendation instead, which works fine, so thank you.

I was concerned that turning on "Treat incoming conversations as support tickets" would mean that every time an email arrives it creates a new ticket, which would mean we have thousands of tickets. However my understanding now is it will only create a ticket for a new conversation - is that correct?

I suppose my only other question now is:

• If the conversation does not fulfill the trigger for the ticket description e.g. it does not contain my pre-defined keywords in the description or name - what happens then? We still want to monitor these. How can I direct that conversation into our 'Other/unassigned conversations' view within the inbox?

Thanks!

0 Upvotes