Tickets & Conversations

GAP_Lighting
Membro

Attaching email to service ticket

Hi, I cannot see how to attach an email to a service ticket.  In the past there has been a drop-down option top right of the email to allow it to be assigned to a contact, ticket etc. but with the email thread in question this option does not appeat to be there.  Any suggestions? Kind regard, Louise

6 Respostas 6
Sim0nski
Membro

In the bottom right corner of the email, there should be an Associations link/drop down. If you click that you can find the other items that you want to associate with, i.e. a ticket can be associated.

0 Avaliação positiva
JGizowski
Participante

Thanks for the input but that's not the issue / problem stated here.

you have to create a ticket to do that.

we want to be able to attach emails to tickets already created, from the conversations box.

for example, when an email from another contact related to a current ticket comes in it creates another ticket. If auto ticket is off it doesn't create a ticket. Would be great to assign the conversation to the previous ticket vs having to create a ticket and merge the two or have to go into the contact and reassign the email to the desired ticket.

0 Avaliação positiva
JGizowski
Participante

I'm having this same issue and would love to know how to do this. Also, It would be great to have the option to attach emails to deals, contacts, and companies from the conversations inbox too.

Sometimes other sources send information related to another ticket, company, deal, contact and we need to connect them.

0 Avaliação positiva
sharonlicari
Gerente da Comunidade
Gerente da Comunidade

Hey @GAP_Lighting 

Could you please confirm if the email is related to a shared inbox? As explained here

When connecting your team inbox, you can create a rule to automatically create a new ticket each time an incoming email is received. You can also create a new ticket directly from a contact record in the right sidebar of your conversations inbox. 

This will associate with incoming emails.

I hope this helps. 

Best

Sharon

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !

0 Avaliação positiva
APetrov
Participante

Yes but how about when I already have a ticket and i recieve multiple threads in the inbox for the same issue - i want to attach them all to the ticket! So far I have been creating new tickets when a new thread for the old ticket exists, and once i have this I go to the original ticket and merge it with the new one, but this seems a lot of work, lets say i have 100tickets open...

JGizowski
Participante

This is the same problem we have. We have to constantly merge tickets because we can't attach a conversations email from shared box to a ticket. It either creates a new ticket if we have auto tickets on or is ticketless if auto ticketing isn't on.

You can go to the contact, find the email, drop down the associations options of the email and then search for and select the ticket you want to attach the email conversation to but that's too much work and complicated for teams moving fast. Not realistic.