Tickets & Conversations

adamvlaw

Attaching Ticket Attachment to a Ticket Email

SOLVE

Hello!

I think I am going crazy. If one of our users attaches an attachment to a ticket that we request (i.e. an invoice for a customer), why do I have to download that attachment to my computer and then re-attach it to an email written to the customer in that ticket? Why is there no option to just attach an attachment that already exists for that ticket? This seems like an obvious function. Please help.

1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @adamvlaw,

This is unfortunately not supported at this stage. You can't add files to one-to-one emails that were uploaded as an attachment to the record.

I agree that this would be a useful feature. You could request this in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these suggestions based on popularity, I'll happily upvote it.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9
Trevinom

SOLVE

I vote for that function to be added to the system, CRM is to make sales persons more efficient. they are doing this multiple time every day.

0 Upvotes
DavidYounger
Participant

SOLVE

Hi Lyndon,

The solution you show does not solve the users problem. You are attaching a library document. The user wishes to attach a document alredy attached to the ticket that is not in the library. And they do not want to put it in the library as it is never going to be reused.

A simple option to select from the tickets attachments would solve the problem.

Cheers

David

Lyndon
Contributor | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Thanks David, I think I also got a similar reply. 

I'm now to the community and using the platform. Should I remove the post, seeing that it's not the right solution?

Let me know what you think. 

Thanks again.

DavidYounger
Participant

SOLVE
Hi Lyndon,
I would not remove the post.
Even though it is not the correct response for this issue, it is still a good idea and might add value for someone else viewing this issue.
Cheers
David
0 Upvotes
Lyndon

SOLVE

Hi @adamvlaw, I just came across this query and I'm also new to the community. 

I know this was posted in Jan 2021, so I'm not sure if you got a response or figured it out by now. 

I'm posting a video that shows that you can attach documents that were previously attached. Those docs will be stored in your library.

See the video HERE

Does this answer your question/query?

Let me know if I was any help. 

Have a great week.

adamvlaw

SOLVE

Thanks Karsten. I will add it to the ideas section. I've done that for other items and have already been contacted by a product team to help them develop what I needed.

Best,

Adam

testeval
Participant

SOLVE

Any updates on this?  I would like to have email notification with the option to include attachments from the ticket.  If a new ticket is created with attachment(s) I want to receive a email notification with the attachment(s).  I can then review the attachment and take quick actions and forward to client if necessary.   

Petr

0 Upvotes
adamvlaw

SOLVE

Karsten,

I've created the idea post here: Easy Attach Ticket/Contact/Company/Deal Attachment to an Email

Thanks for upvote!

karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @adamvlaw,

This is unfortunately not supported at this stage. You can't add files to one-to-one emails that were uploaded as an attachment to the record.

I agree that this would be a useful feature. You could request this in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these suggestions based on popularity, I'll happily upvote it.

Best regards!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.