Tickets & Conversations

VTorresRamos4
Participant

Association Ticket - Contacts - Custom Objects

Good afternoon,

First, I'm new to the community, so if this is the wrong place, apologies. I'm trying to set up all my database and I have a few questions.

Due to my business model, I need to create new objects (custom objects) and I'm having a few issues with it.

My new objects is: "Group"

I already have this associations:

Tickets --- Contacts

Contacts---Group (custom object)

I need: 

Tickets --- Contacts---Group (custom object)

What happens:

In my conversation workflow, a ticket is created with the corresponding contact association. This contact has the objects "Company" and "Group" already associated on it.

The problem is that this created ticket is not associated with the custom object "Group".

What i'd like to have:

I'm not a developer, but what i need is a code or something that associates this ticket with my custom object "Group" (the "Group" is associated in my contact).

Can someone helps me to solve this problem, please?

0 Upvotes
8 Replies 8
DStaat
Participant

Hey VTorresRamos4! We have an app called Associ8 that would be perfect for your use case. It’s a workflow action that can associate objects together based on like properties. It works well with custom objects too so no worries there! Check it out here.

If you need help installing or getting set up, let me know! I’d be happy to hop on a call with you.

Best,

-David Staat

0 Upvotes
VTorresRamos4
Participant

Hello, 

I'm trying to do this in Dev. Ops because i live in Brazil and the currency conversion of dollar to brazilian money is 5x1, so it's expensive for us. 

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood
Key Advisor | Gold Partner

Yes, it's expensive for us in New Zealand Dollars too.

We have our own server dedicated to HubSpot API calls, and we hooks.

We run multiple integrations, apps and processe HubSpot can't do - like rendering PDFs - for ourselves and clients.

Its more powerful, flexible and cost effective for us.

Mike

Mike_Eastwood

Hi @VTorresRamos4 

You will need to create a Custom Coded Workflow which accesses the Associations API.

This is not something Chat GPT can help you with, it's a reasonably serious job.

We've done similar work for other clients (we're a certified HubSpot Partner).

Happy to prepare a scope of work and quote for you?

Mike

Mike_Eastwood

Thanks for the clarification @VTorresRamos4 

Yes, you could do it with custom code (using the Associations API) but if you're not a developer it will be a major challenge. 

And, if you don't have Ops Hub then you will need an external server to make the API calls.

How many tickets are you manually associating per day?

Mike

VTorresRamos4
Participant

Thank you,

Yes we have Ops Hub, but i'm not a dev. I hope someone can show me the first steps.

0 Upvotes
Mike_Eastwood

Hi @VTorresRamos4 

You will need to add every Association between every Object - HubSpot will not assume any Associations.

So, you will need to add the Association between the Ticket and the Group.

To do that you will need to define the Association between Ticket and Group in your Custom Object.

Is that what you meant?

Mike

VTorresRamos4
Participant

Yes, I'm doing it. One by one. But  Hubspot support told me that it can be done by custom code. I'd like to try it, but i don't know how to do it.

0 Upvotes