Tickets & Conversations

mgavenda
Participant

Associate a reply to automated email with ticket

SOLVE

Hello everyone,

I'd like to find out whether this is possible and if so, how do I achieve this.

We have a Form set up, which when submitted, creates a ticket and sends an automated email response to client via Workflow.

Is it possible to capture and associate response to the automated email with the original ticket that was created?

Example:

1. Form submission

2. Ticket #123 created

3. Automated email: Thank you for XYZ, are you interested in hearing more? reply "ABC"
4. client replies "ABC"
5. reply "ABC" gets associated to ticket #123

Thank you in advance

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
NicoleSengers
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mgavenda 

It sounds like steps 1 - 3 are already happening. You have a form, which creates a ticket and sends an email.

Looking at the fact that you are sending out the marketing email from Hubspot you set the reply email to an integrated inbox, and the response will be logged to the contact record and the associated records as well. 

All you need to do is set the reply email address to be an email address that is in a connected conversations inbox and not a personal email address. 

Alternatively you are able to get the person who receives the response to log their response email to the client and associate that to the ticket, this depends on whether you need these emails to go to one inbox or to individuals.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
NicoleSengers
Solution
Guide | Elite Partner
Guide | Elite Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mgavenda 

It sounds like steps 1 - 3 are already happening. You have a form, which creates a ticket and sends an email.

Looking at the fact that you are sending out the marketing email from Hubspot you set the reply email to an integrated inbox, and the response will be logged to the contact record and the associated records as well. 

All you need to do is set the reply email address to be an email address that is in a connected conversations inbox and not a personal email address. 

Alternatively you are able to get the person who receives the response to log their response email to the client and associate that to the ticket, this depends on whether you need these emails to go to one inbox or to individuals.

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution

Kind regards,
Nicole Sengers
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Diamond Partner

SOLVE

Hi @mgavenda , I agree with @NicoleSengers that if you set the reply email address to your connected inbox, the replies will be automatically logged. As far as associating the reply to the ticket automatically, that also depends whether the original email is associated to the ticket.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

Jonno_Price
Guide | Platinum Partner
Guide | Platinum Partner

SOLVE

Hi @Jnix284 - do you know how to associate an automated email sent via a workflow to a ticket? Looking into this and can't see that marketing emails can be associated to a ticket... it only associates to the contacts.. Thanks

Jonno Price
Growth London Ltd.
Platinum Hubspot Solutions Partner

Did my post help answer your query? Please help the community by marking it as a solution.

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

SOLVE

@Jonno_Price you're correct, it's not possible that I'm aware of - when the replies come to the Inbox, the ticket property is removed from the sidebar for marketing emails so it also can't be added manually. 

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

0 Upvotes
TiphaineCuisset
Community Manager
Community Manager

SOLVE

Hi @mgavenda 

Thank you for reaching out.

I want to tag some of our experts here - @coldrickjack @LMeert @louischausse do you have any thoughts for @mgavenda on this? 

Thank you!

Best

Tiphaine

Saviez vous que la Communauté est disponible en français?
Rejoignez les discussions francophones en changeant votre langue dans les paramètres !

Did you know that the Community is available in other languages?
Join regional conversations by changing your language settings !