Always create contact for new email address on a progressive form

SOLVE
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I want to create a form for my company with the option "Always create contact for new email address" but it seems like if I use this option I can't use progressive fields. Why?

I don't understand what does one thing have to do with the other. I want clients to be able to fill a form from any computer using their email address as a reference field but I would want to offer them a form that only displays certain fields if a variable is true.

Annotation 2019-11-01 171720.png

Any help?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Superstar

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

>>"I want clients to be able to fill a form from any computer using their email address as a reference field but I would want to offer them a form that only displays certain fields if a variable is true."

You might consider using another forms tool to achieve your goal -- e.g., Typeform.

As that 'Learn more' article describes ...
"If this option is enabled, if a contact submits the form using a different email on a browser where there is already a cookie, views will not be tracked for this contact. Therefore, form fields will not pre-populate with known information."

Think of this setting sorta like an 'Ignore Cookies' setting.

No cookies. === No way to gather known information.

No way to gather known information. === No way to pre-populate with known information.

No way to pre-populate with known information. === No progressive fields.

Progressive fields functionality depends (in part) on the ability of the form to pull known information FROM THE COOKIE at render time. As such, the 'known information' must...

1) exist in the CRM.

AND

2) be accessible via the cookie at the time the form is rendered.

If either of these criteria are not be met, pre-population AND progressive fields cannot work.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Frank

MFrankJohnson-dot-com-HubSpot-Community-banner-gif-v20190817

2 Replies 2
Community Superstar

_hubspot-button-accept-as-solution-gif-v00.gif

>>"I want clients to be able to fill a form from any computer using their email address as a reference field but I would want to offer them a form that only displays certain fields if a variable is true."

You might consider using another forms tool to achieve your goal -- e.g., Typeform.

As that 'Learn more' article describes ...
"If this option is enabled, if a contact submits the form using a different email on a browser where there is already a cookie, views will not be tracked for this contact. Therefore, form fields will not pre-populate with known information."

Think of this setting sorta like an 'Ignore Cookies' setting.

No cookies. === No way to gather known information.

No way to gather known information. === No way to pre-populate with known information.

No way to pre-populate with known information. === No progressive fields.

Progressive fields functionality depends (in part) on the ability of the form to pull known information FROM THE COOKIE at render time. As such, the 'known information' must...

1) exist in the CRM.

AND

2) be accessible via the cookie at the time the form is rendered.

If either of these criteria are not be met, pre-population AND progressive fields cannot work.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Frank

MFrankJohnson-dot-com-HubSpot-Community-banner-gif-v20190817

Occasional Contributor

Thanks so much Frank! Smiley Happy