Tickets & Conversations

tmerridew
Participant

After advice regarding 2nd line support teams

SOLVE

Hi

I'm hoping someone can either advise on their process with Hubspot or point me in the direction of some guidance I can read.

We're in early doors with setting up the service side of our use of HubSpot, despite being a customer for a couple of years now. We deal with a number of customer requests and issues and due to our setup some of these requests have to move from the customer services team to other teams and individuals within the business to action certian changes or configurations of systems. I'm wondering on the best way to handle this with Hubspot, at the moment the customer emails customer services, who then will email (or forward) the request to the person or team providing the 2nd line support for that request. Once the work is done by that 2nd line person they email back the customer services agent to say the work is done. 

Ideally I want the original ticket owner to remain responsible for the request, but the second line teams have varying workloads so they would need to be able to triage the 2nd level work as well.

Any thoughts?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @tmerridew,

First of all I'm glad to read that you're not planning on using multiple pipelines for this – I'm seeing this often in customer portals. It comes with the downside of blurry reporting and a lot of confusion. Instead, having all tickets in one pipeline is usually the best way to go.

@tmerridew wrote:

Ideally I want the original ticket owner to remain responsible for the request, but the second line teams have varying workloads so they would need to be able to triage the 2nd level work as well.

To solve for this, you could create a second user property for tickets. These custom properties are created like any other property and behave like the Ticket owner property. You could, for example, create a Second line support ticket owner property. That way, everyone could filter for these tickets and the original owner would stay the Ticket owner. Both users could be notified about changes to the ticket, depending on their notification settings.

All of the communication on a certain issue would be documented on the ticket, both users could see the history and easily jump in or hand over.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
karstenkoehler
Solution
Hall of Famer | Partner
Hall of Famer | Partner

SOLVE

Hi @tmerridew,

First of all I'm glad to read that you're not planning on using multiple pipelines for this – I'm seeing this often in customer portals. It comes with the downside of blurry reporting and a lot of confusion. Instead, having all tickets in one pipeline is usually the best way to go.

@tmerridew wrote:

To solve for this, you could create a second user property for tickets. These custom properties are created like any other property and behave like the Ticket owner property. You could, for example, create a Second line support ticket owner property. That way, everyone could filter for these tickets and the original owner would stay the Ticket owner. Both users could be notified about changes to the ticket, depending on their notification settings.

All of the communication on a certain issue would be documented on the ticket, both users could see the history and easily jump in or hand over.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.