Tickets & Conversations

GMarkham
Contributor

Adding notes on Tickets

SOLVE

Hello,

We are experiencing an issue where other users are posting notes, and are not visible to all users.

If they tag another user, that user is able to see the note, as a temporary solution.

We checked activity and notes columns and filters were activated. Is this a user level permissions change or are notes meant to only be for that user themselves.

We want notes to be visible to everyone on the internal team.

If there is a better solution than notes, please let us know. Notes have been great because they can be associated with accounts, contacts and tickets...

Thank you,

Glen

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
GMarkham
Solution
Contributor

Adding notes on Tickets

SOLVE

My Hubspot admin has updated my permissions or viewing options on my profile and now I can see all notes!

Thank you for your help.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
GMarkham
Solution
Contributor

Adding notes on Tickets

SOLVE

My Hubspot admin has updated my permissions or viewing options on my profile and now I can see all notes!

Thank you for your help.

GMarkham
Contributor

Adding notes on Tickets

SOLVE

@Jnix284 I checked filters and associations and they are all set correctly...

0 Upvotes
Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

Adding notes on Tickets

SOLVE

Hi @GMarkham are they not visible at all, or is there a delay?

If you have all of the filters and associations set correctly and the users can see the same tickets, then I don't think that there is anything wrong with permissions.

If two users are on the same record at the same time, I've noticed there can be a delay in notes appearing.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin

GMarkham
Contributor

Adding notes on Tickets

SOLVE

Hi @Jnix284 

Thank you for your help.

They are not visible at all, no delay

0 Upvotes
Jnix284

Adding notes on Tickets

SOLVE

@GMarkham no problem, this is an interesting little puzzle you have here 🙂

Can you verify that all users have the filters updated to show all notes? I know you mentioned this in your original post, but I just want to be sure before we go down the rabbit hole.

Jnix284_0-1672952646154.png

And can you also verify that the record each user is viewing from is the same, and that the associations are correct:

Jnix284_1-1672952743260.png

I've seen it where a note is created on a deal, but then the association is changed and it is only associated with the contact, and everyone else is still looking at the deal.

If my reply answered your question please mark it as a solution to make it easier for others to find.

Jennifer Nixon - Delivery Lead at Aptitude 8

connect with Jen on Linkedin