Tickets & Conversations

SecretSanta
Membre

Adding a Contacts Properties to a Tickets Column

Résolue

We are using hubspot to manage tenants and properties. we use the tickets/service hub for all incoming tenant requests which works fine. When we look at the "Tickets" page under the Service Tab. We see many columns which are properties belonging to the Ticket Properties IE: ticket name, associated contact (tenant), ticket status, create date, etc...

I am looking to add a column that is associated with the Contacts Properties. Each contact/tenant in our system has a custom field called "Unit/Address" which I would like to have displayed as a column next to their name. This would make the process much simpler, instead of having to click on a ticket to then look up the address of the tenant, it would be easier to see simply from the tickets section. 

this is the contacts section showing the columns (properties) for our tenantsthis is the contacts section showing the columns (properties) for our tenantsthis is the pipeline/ticket section. it show the column which are available under the tickets properties.this is the pipeline/ticket section. it show the column which are available under the tickets properties.

0 Votes
1 Solution acceptée
karstenkoehler
Solution
Au panthéon de la communauté | Partenaire solutions

Résolue

Hi @SecretSanta,

This is unfortunately not possible at this stage, at least not in the free version of HubSpot. The index pages for records (contacts, companies, deals, tickets) only let you choose columns corresponding to the properties of this exact object.

You could submit this in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these requests based on popularity.

As far as workarounds go, the only that I'm aware of requires a Professional or Enterprise subscription. After creating a custom property on the ticket object that mirrors the contact property, you can use workflows to copy contact information into the associated ticket:

karstenkoehler_0-1628048020677.png

(The obvious issue here is that multiple contacts can be associated with a ticket. That's probably also why HubSpot hasn't implemented this as a default feature yet.)

Let me know if I should clarify anything!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

2 Réponses
webdew
Guide | Partenaire solutions Diamond
Guide | Partenaire solutions Diamond

Résolue

Hi @SecretSanta ,

Its not possible to use properties of one object in to another object in HubSpot. And by objects I means: Contacts, companies, deals and Tickets. And as @karstenkoehler suggested, workaround is through workflows copying one object property into another object property, which are available in professional or up level.

Hope this helps!

If we were able to answer your query, kindly help the community by marking it as a solution.

Thanks and Regards. 

0 Votes
karstenkoehler
Solution

Résolue

Hi @SecretSanta,

This is unfortunately not possible at this stage, at least not in the free version of HubSpot. The index pages for records (contacts, companies, deals, tickets) only let you choose columns corresponding to the properties of this exact object.

You could submit this in the HubSpot Ideas section of the community. The product team reviews these requests based on popularity.

As far as workarounds go, the only that I'm aware of requires a Professional or Enterprise subscription. After creating a custom property on the ticket object that mirrors the contact property, you can use workflows to copy contact information into the associated ticket:

karstenkoehler_0-1628048020677.png

(The obvious issue here is that multiple contacts can be associated with a ticket. That's probably also why HubSpot hasn't implemented this as a default feature yet.)

Let me know if I should clarify anything!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.