Tickets & Conversations

Carl06

Access rights problems?

SOLVE

Hey dear Hubspot-Support-Team,

I do have a problem by finding specific mails from clients, which also my colleague answered. He was sometimes the only one who answered the e-mails. 

I have sent an e-mail to a client a couple of weeks ago, but I can not find these notes or e-mails in hubspot. 

I hope you can help me by this problem.

Thanks in advance and have a great day!

Sascha

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Access rights problems?

SOLVE

Hi @Carl06,

Are you still experiencing this issue? There haven't been any updates that would have changed the permissions required to view contacts. 

Have you checked with other users in your portal to confirm your permissions haven't changed around which contacts you can view? Can they view the missing contacts? 

If the contacts were deleted, you can find them in the recycle bin

Thanks,

Jenny

View solution in original post

0 Upvotes
5 Replies 5
jennysowyrda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Access rights problems?

SOLVE

Hi @Carl06,

Can you please provide additional information in regards to what the issue is that you are experiencing? 

The more detail, screenshots and information you can provide, the better the Community can assist!

Thank you,
Jenny

0 Upvotes
Carl06

Access rights problems?

SOLVE

Thanks for your quick reply.

I dont really know, where to start, to be honest.

For a couple of weeks (2 or 3) I could search all of the contacts in our CRM. I had contact with these persons via E-Mail, and the mails were saved properly in hubspot so I could search for them.

Now I want to search for the same mails again and I'm unable to. I type in the same Name or Keyword in the search-input but there are no results shown. "No contacts found" is shown. But they must be there, or are they deleted in an update? I'm really confused why there is no contacts anymore.

Did you update the user rights in hubspot because of an update or something like that?

Kind regards

Sascha

0 Upvotes
jennysowyrda
Solution
Community Manager
Community Manager

Access rights problems?

SOLVE

Hi @Carl06,

Are you still experiencing this issue? There haven't been any updates that would have changed the permissions required to view contacts. 

Have you checked with other users in your portal to confirm your permissions haven't changed around which contacts you can view? Can they view the missing contacts? 

If the contacts were deleted, you can find them in the recycle bin

Thanks,

Jenny

0 Upvotes
Carl06

Access rights problems?

SOLVE

Hey,

probably my colleague changed the permissions a couple of weeks ago?! We have no clue for now. He has to give me access to the contacts, so I can see them. Thats what wasn't necessary before. Thanks for you help for now and your information about an update.

Kind regards

Sascha

0 Upvotes
PeterC
Top Contributor

Access rights problems?

SOLVE

It sounds more like a setting has been changed by your colleague. (We’ve seen plenty of “updates”, and things like this don’t typically change.)

Under Settings > Users > [your user name] > Contacts - you can set who you can see in the CRM.  By default, you would be able to view “Everything” - but I suspect your user settings have been changed to “Owned only”.