Week of 5/17: Describe your perfect community

Wilder
HubSpot Employee

HubSpot Heroes:

Thanks to your feedback, we have been adding new features to the Community at a rapid pace. 

As we move into the next phase of Community’s evolution, it would be great if you can take a few minutes to answer the following questions in the comments section below this post. This information will ensure that we continue on the right path in building out the Community.

Questions:

• What problem or business issue does the Community currently solve for you?
  • Whatproblem or business issue would you like the community to address for you in the future (assuming it does not address it today)?
  • In a few words -- describe the current community? What it is? What does it mean to you? Does it meet your HubSpot related and professional goals?
  • In a few words --describe the perfect community -- one that meets your HubSpot related and professional needs?

Is there anything else we should know about your current or desired Community experience?

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback. 

Together, we can make this a great resource for you and the other HubSpot heroes.

------ Wilder

PS: If you don’t want to list your answers below, feel free to email me directly at swilder@hubspot.com

My True North: Creating a better Community one pixel at a time
5 Replies 5
rlopez
Guide

Hello @Wilder 🙂

I like you decided to listen to us. I think it's a great idea.

1. The community is a helping source when I need quick "human reference" or a second point of view. Sometimes it's the way I discover new features. 
  2. I think we need a way to stay updated faster and efficiently 😉
  3. The community is a place...
    1. where I can find more professionals like me, but more interesting
    2. where I can help and grow
    3. where I can also find ways to solve my problems
    4. where I can stay up-to-date on new HubSpot features
  4. Perhaps a place similar but with more tools to stay up to date, detect and flag outdated content,...

Regards,

[ Si esta publicación te ha ayudado con tu problema ayuda a la comunidad marcándola como solución ]
[ If this response helped you, please mark it as a solution ]

Rafael López
Head of Marketing
Odontonet by Glintt

HubSpot Community Champion

linkedininstagram
Wilder
HubSpot Employee

@rlopez This is great. Thank you for sharing (and being the first to jump in and being detailed. Very helpful information. Keep the feedback coming!

Wilder

rlopez
Guide

It's a pleasure, @Wilder 🙂

Regards,

[ Si esta publicación te ha ayudado con tu problema ayuda a la comunidad marcándola como solución ]
[ If this response helped you, please mark it as a solution ]

Rafael López
Head of Marketing
Odontonet by Glintt

HubSpot Community Champion

linkedininstagram
natsumimori
Community Manager

I would love to hear your thoughts @tjoyce , @karstenkoehler and @KTownsend !😊

0 Upvotes
Wilder
HubSpot Employee

from @jnix284  (I am posting for them)

Here is my response:

• What problem or business issue does the Community currently solve for you?
    • Identify if the issues our team is facing is common among other users - and if not, creating an idea to help get our issues heard to see if others might have a need for a similar solution.
  • Whatproblem or business issue would you like the community to address for you in the future (assuming it does not address it today)?
    • It's impossible to check in frequently enough to see what is In Planning or In Beta - so we sometimes miss out on providing feedback on new ideas early on, sometimes it is too late. It would be good if there were some sort of preference we could set that says, if a new idea is posted in X topic, notify me. Maybe it happens at a certain development stage. Maybe once it is created. Maybe it's the user's choice...
    • I also feel this would be beneficial for getting more upvotes for new ideas, it's hard to gain traction on a new idea unless people are standing by waiting for them or spending time going through all the new ideas since the last time they visited
    • email update that has links to the 5 most recent ideas, the top 3 trending ideas, or even those with a status change - like "now in beta" because unless you subscribe to every topic, you might not realize there's another idea out there that could solve a problem for you or that could adversly impact you if you don't share your concerns.
    • I think upvotes are important, but comments like, "we need this" or "please please" don't feel productive. I feel like having a form for the comments that says "do you have the same issue - yes or no," "explain your business use-case" might help the conversations to be more productive and give the product team meaningful insights earlier on to better determine which ideas to pursue.
  • In a few words -- describe the current community? What it is? What does it mean to you? Does it meet your HubSpot related and professional goals?
    • I'm sure it's much greater than how I perceive it, but for me, it is a way to have my voice and the interests of our company heard.
    • It is a way to offer insights that help make HubSpot a better product for everyone.
    • It's a great resource when the official HubSpot answer doesn't work for your unique situation and you need a band-aid or workaround.
  • In a few words --describe the perfect community -- one that meets your HubSpot related and professional needs?
    • not super interested in the social/networking or competitive elements, it doesn't matter to me if anyone knows who I am in the community, but I do think it would be interesting if there was some sort of identification system that says, "hey, these users have written a lot on the same topic, check out these posts/ideas to see if you can help them." and maybe when you do contribute to others, it will prompt them to check out relevant ideas you've posted, which would allow you to connect with others intelligently instead of just randomly.
0 Upvotes