Week of 11/16: How do you use the Academy and the Community?

HubSpot Employee

HubSpot Heroes:

This week, we are interested in learning more about how you think about (and use) the HubSpot Academy and the HubSpot Community.

download.jpeg

If you have a few minutes, share your thoughts about the following:

- Do you use both the Academy and the Community? If so, how often do you use each of them?

- Do you use each of them differently? Do they serve a different purpose for you? When do you use each of them? 

- Are there other HubSpot managed content related platforms you use, such as Knowledge Base articles, etc.?

- Would you rather learn from a HubSpot professor or from one of your peers in the Community? Or both? And under what circumstances would you want to learn from one vs. the other?

-Do you think the Community should consider online study groups for those who participate in the Academy?

-Any suggestions on how we can tie the Academy and Community together?

Of course, feel free to add any additional comments about either the Academy or the Community?

As always, thank you for your feedback.

- Wilder

My True North: Creating a better Community one pixel at a time
5 Replies 5
Highlighted
New Contributor

🙌 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

@NOBLEBOT  Thank you, Wilder

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @ElyshaShave @JonPayne @malcolm1 @GuyTaylor @John @EmmaWashington @PeterC @rikkilear @Herman @DAnaGuiloff @ShanePunt @daveroma @BarryGrennan @jessewragg @SandyG1 @Jonno_Price @jimbanks @gabriel-nextiny, I wanted to infrom you about this thread. We would love to hear your insights!

Thanks!

Jess 

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hey Wilder,

Here are my thoughts, answered from my own perspective rather than of Digital 22 as a whole (the company I run):

- Do you use both the Academy and the Community? If so, how often do you use each of them?

Yes I use both:

Academy - when new and relevant courses are released - for me these days they are usually around product or partner ecosystem changes. I'd say on average once a quarter (plus cert renewals 😅).

Community - I'm a bit on and off with it to be honest. On it very regularly when time allows (every few days) but can be off for weeks at a time when my role gets too busy.

- Do you use each of them differently? Do they serve a different purpose for you? When do you use each of them? 

Totally different for the way I use them. For me the academy is for learning new things and the community is for giving back (helping other people with their challenges / questions) - although I do learn quite a bit from the latter as a by-product 👏.

- Are there other HubSpot managed content related platforms you use, such as Knowledge Base articles, etc.?

I use the knowledge base articles for technical answers / steps. "How to" type pieces.

- Would you rather learn from a HubSpot professor or from one of your peers in the Community? Or both? And under what circumstances would you want to learn from one vs. the other?

HubSpot professor - learn the why behind something - a theory / methodology or overall how a product works.

Community - 'workarounds' and very tactical questions.

-Do you think the Community should consider online study groups for those who participate in the Academy?

It could be interesting, certainly being in a group of people new to a subject is benefical.

-Any suggestions on how we can tie the Academy and Community together?

It's an interesting question as I've never really considered them two items that should tie together.

One area it could tie up nicely would be comments on a course. I've done online course in the past and got more value from the comments / questions in the community of the course than the course itself.

----------------------

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution.

Full HubSpot agency: https://www.digital22.com/

One off HubSpot tasks: https://www.hubsprints.com/

0 Upvotes
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

@rikkilear 

Thank you for your feedback about how you think about our different platforms: Community, Academy, and KB articles. You mentioned that you go to KB articles for How-To content. Would you be open to this sort of information from your fellow customers and partners?

Also, I like your addition at the end ---  about adding comments to a course. Great idea!

Next week, I will be sharing some info on 'What's New In The Community in 2021.' Come back to the site and check it out.  

Thank you again!

Wilder

0 Upvotes