Do you want more How-To content on the site? Workarounds?

Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

Hi HubSpot Enthusiasts:

Hope you all had a great weekend. 

This week, I am going to share an open-ended question and not ask you to fill out any survey. 😄

Based on last week’s survey, I learned that you want us to focus more on How-To content that addresses such questions as:

• What do I do to accomplish that strategy or I’m stuck on this task? Or
  • Tell me the steps for doing XYZ.?  Or
  • Would you want to see content focusing on troubleshooting or developing workarounds?

It would be great if you could take a few moments, reply to this post, and share your thoughts about the questions:

• When I say ‘How-To-Content’ what comes to mind
  • What web-sites and companies do a good job in providing How-To Content (include URLs in your answer so I can learn from them)
  • Would you be ok reading these responses from HubSpot Customers, Power Users, Partners, Developers, etc. vs. just having us write the content

And feel free to share any other comments, thoughts, etc. about How-To Content. All replies -- no matter how wild, etc. will be reviewed by me and the team.

As always, Happy HubSpotting!

Wilder

My True North: Creating a better Community one pixel at a time
11 Replies 11
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey guys I wanted to bring to your attention this post 🙂 I think you have so much to contribute in this conversation 

@Josh @willsmith @dianalcont @Krystina @Phil_Vallender @AdamLPW @Mike_Eastwood @Lucila-Andimol @DanielAudio19 @StefaniUAT 

Thank you

Sharon

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey guys I wanted to bring to your attention this post 🙂 I think you have so much to contribute in this conversation 

@ShanePunt @karstenkoehler @Oscar1 @rikkilear @mike-ward @darynsmith @warrendavey @MatthewShepherd @Kevin-C @stefen

Thank you

Sharon

We are excited to announce that the Community will be launching a weekly newsletter on November 2, 2020!
Highlighted
Advisor

Hi @Wilder,

To be honest, HubSpot is pretty much an exemplar in terms of how-to content.  One thing I find, when assisting the community, is that people are unsure where to look.  I've responded to questions where my answer is simply "ask support"; referred people to academy courses; directed to knowledgebase articles. 

It's a hard line to walk, as sometimes people get used to asking for support via a specific avenue...  As a member of a small support team, I can sympathise! 

I think there are cases where there's probably community content that surpasses knowledgebase, in terms of quality. 

I also think one difficulty people have is (speaking from a Starter subscriber's perspective) trying to find good workarounds for things like Workflows, which are missing from my subscription package, or Blogs.  All the knowledgebase content and the majority of community articles say things like "use Workflows"... but perhaps "how-to" content that serves a customised experience based on the user's subscription, or at least an option "basic/starter subscribers click here" would be great.  And save loads of duplicate community posts. 

Not sure if this is the kind of ideas/feedback you're looking for, but happy to help wherever possible!!

😁  

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

@AdamLPW This is exactly what I am looking for. The example you have about Workflows and the detail you provided is exactly what I am looking for. You also hit on another topic the team is going to tackle (sorry to mix sports metaphors here): Findability. One of our big initiatives in 2021 (although we are starting the work now) is how to find the right people to help you or how to find the right solution. Keep the feedback coming. Very helpful.

Thanks. Wilder

PS: How to subscribe to a board

1. Navigate to the board you’re looking to subscribe to
  2. Click “options” in the top right-hand corner
  3. Select subscribe!

Highlighted
Top Advisor | Partner

Hello @Wilder!

Great question. Like @AdamLPW I think that HubSpot is doing a great job already. The majority of my queries I can answer with the knowledge base or the community.

One thing that'd I'd love to see more of are customers, power users or technical support weighing in on the best solutions for certain challenges. For example, for enterprises doing business in several languages, the native double opt-in feature of HubSpot is currently too limited. Most of the times I see a HubSpot portal of one of these customers from the inside, the solution to the challenge is different - with what I assume are different advantages. It would be great to see these approaches, with their pros and cons, discussed in threads.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
Freelance Digital Marketing Advisor

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Hat mein Beitrag deine Frage beantwortet? Bitte hilf der Community und markiere ihn als Lösung.

Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

@karstenkoehler Good evening from California.

Thank you for your response. Good info. That's the sort of content we are thinking about for the site. We are hoping that your others in the Community can share their workarounds, their tricks and tools of the trade, and how they get their work done with HubSpot. 

Keep the feedback coming. Thanks!

- Wilder

PS: How to subscribe to a board:

1. Navigate to the board you’re looking to subscribe to
  2. Click “options” in the top right-hand corner
  3. Select subscribe!
Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Nynke_HM @ojobson @piersg @joshua-paul @Aakar @MAC-MCB @Bryantworks @trevorjones71 @daviddoughty @Ben_M,
I just wanted to inform you about this thread.  Would you be able to share some insights from your side?

Thanks,

Jess

Highlighted
Regular Advisor

Thanks for the tag @JessicaH!  I think for the most part HubSpot does a great job with KB articles, support threads, and those of us here in the community.  But in working with a large number of users, I get so many of the definitive "How do I do XYZ" that it's hard to push them to support as sometimes there is simply too much to sift through.

I've started working on a library of videos for these how-to's that I run into the most often.  Hopefully, I can share it soon!  

Chris Bryant | Your Dedicated HubSpot Expert
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

@Bryantworks Hi there --

Your post is music to my ears 😀

That would be great if you can share your videos when we build out a nice home for them on the Community. The goal is to set up a template for this type of info in the next few months or so. 

Thank you again

Keep on HubSpotting!

Wilder

Highlighted
New Contributor
Like @AdamLPW I think that HubSpot is doing a great job in this subject. The majority of my queries I can answer with the knowledge base.

1. In every how-to article need to mention the different ways we can solve the problem because sometimes one way is the enough or not always right. And it will give customers an easier way to navigate between the different articles on a specific subject.

2. Creating more troubleshooting documents and developing workarounds will help better to approach to issues rather than ask help from support that sometimes will take longer time because they will need to consult with the technical team.

Gal Tarrab Levi
Highlighted
HubSpot Employee

@GalT 

Thank you for the input.!

Wilder

0 Upvotes