StudentSpot

JenWeiss
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

✨2022 Open Access Summit✨ Discussion Board ✨

Welcome Students to...     
    2022 Open Access Summit Discussion Board 

Open Access - Main Graphic (orange).png

Our goal is to provide you with hands-on learning experiences, networking opportunities, and a space to explore topics that are important to career growth, but aren’t often discussed in formal education settings. The summit will be hosted on September 23 and 24th.

The best way to prepare for Open Access is to review the program agenda and check out more information about out speakers and sessions
This StudentSpot Community post is a special place for you to share ideas, questions, and takeaways throughout the summit!
                                                   This is your space!

Let's start off by introducing ourselves below:

🍎Name:

🗺Where are you based?: 

🎓What are you currently studying?: 

🎉1 Fun Fact about you: 

💫What are you looking foward to learning from the 2022 Open Access Summit?: 

Whether you're a student or a lifelong learner. Join StudentSpot to be inspired.
19件の返信
tffxnys
メンバー

Name: Tiffany Chen

Where are you based?: Pennsylvania

What are you currently studying?: Marketing

1 Fun Fact about you: I speak four languages

What are you looking foward to learning from the 2022 Open Access Summit?: I am looking forward to learning more about networking, mentorships, how to launch a career in marketing, and how to set myself apart 🙂

Feel free to connect on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tiffanychen7/

SJackson2
メンバー

Name: Shaba Jackson

Based?: Houston, TX

Currently studying: Digital Media

1 Fun fact about me: I am a Canva and Powerpoint pro and in my personal time I create mini presentation videos

What are you looking forward to learngin from the 2022 Open Access Summit?: I am looking forward to networking and building meaningful connections with others within the industry.

JenWeiss
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @SJackson2

Sounds like you and @DigitalBrenda have a Canva connection! 

We been having a wonderful time with the different connections we been making! Feel free to let us know what you learned from Day 1 and your Linkedin as well. 

Best, 

@JenWeiss 

Whether you're a student or a lifelong learner. Join StudentSpot to be inspired.
0 いいね!
SHLamb714
メンバー

Name: Shuoqi Huang

Where are you based?: New Brunswick, NJ, US

What are you currently studying?: Computer Science; Philosophy

1 Fun Fact about you: I enjoy car racing.

What are you looking foward to learning from the 2022 Open Access Summit?: Searching for any potential opportunities for new graduates.

Welcome to connect through LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/shuoqihuang/

NComly
参加者

Hi  @SHLamb714

I'm from Burlington, NJ! Definitely look forward to hearing more about the opportunities at HubSpot too.

JenWeiss
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @SHLamb714

Woah! 🏎  What would be your dream car?

HubSpot is an amazing company that has a myriad of opportunities for new graduates.We're excited that you'll be able to hear from the discussions today. Feel free to let us know which session you're looking most forward to. 

Best, 

@JenWeiss 

DigitalBrenda
メンバー

Name: Brenda Morris

Where are you based?: DFW Metroplex

What are you currently studying?: Communication with a New Media cocentration

1 Fun Fact about you: I'm a Canva Pro aficionado and find any reason I can to use it and create fun digital assets.

What are you looking foward to learning from the 2022 Open Access Summit?: Learning concrete advice on how to use my skills to break into the tech industry.

JenWeiss
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @DigitalBrenda

We love using Canva Pro as well! What is the most surprising thing you did on Canva? 🎨

I'm personally looking forward to Launching a Career in Marketing, Sales or Customer Success Discussion. We would love to hear which speaker(s) you're looking forward to hearing from today

Best, 

@JenWeiss 

DigitalBrenda
メンバー

Hi @JenWeiss I love creating video assets and social media assets. All speakers are incredible and have a lot of gems of information.

PLoPresti
メンバー

Hey all! I'm Peter studying Marketing and Information Systems in Baltimore, MD! I love to cook, so a fun fact about me is that Gordon Ramsay once tried a tiramisu I made! 😂 One thing I'm really looking forward to learning from today and tomorrow is finding which field of marketing best fits my passion for helping others and learning how to grow businesses! Feel free to hit me up on LinkedIN! https://www.linkedin.com/in/peter-lopresti-509930198/

JenWeiss
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @PLoPresti

That's incredible! Tiramisu is personally my favorite dessert. The world needs to know though, did Gordon Ramsay give you a good critique? 🍰

We have a wonderful panel of speakers today that will help you steer you into the field of marketing that would be suited for you. We would love to hear which speaker(s) you're looking forward to hearing from today

Best, 

@JenWeiss 

ShellyLiu
参加者

Name: Shelly Liu

Where am I based?: California

What am I currently studying?: Business Administration with a concentration in Marketing

1 Fun Fact about me: My birthday is on Christmas! 

What am I looking forward to learning from the 2022 Open Access Summit?: I'm looking forward to networking and building new connections and learning how to improve my resume and interview skills.

JenWeiss
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @ShellyLiu

Serious question... Do you get double the presents then?! 🎁🌲

We would love to hear what your biggest takeaways were from the resume and interviewing sessions. 

Best, 

Jenny

ABerehulyak
参加者

• Anastasiya Berehulyak
  • Currently in Buenos Aires, Argentina 🇦🇷 on a study abroad, my school is based in San Francisco, CA 🇺🇸
  • Double major in Business & Computational Sciences 💻
  • This year I've visited 6 countries 🇺🇦🇩🇪🇮🇹🇫🇷🇺🇸🇦🇷 and dragged my ukulele that takes up half of the suitcase with me 🎼. No regrets!
  • What are passions of different people and how they channeled that into their career paths? 
JenWeiss
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @ABerehulyak

Your dedication to the ukulele is unparallel! I'm sure everyone enjoyed hearing you play. 🎶

We're also excited to hear how people got into their careers. Day 2 is filled with amazing speakers, we would love to hear what you're looking most forward to

Best, 

@JenWeiss 

crystallopezco
参加者

Crystal Lopez

California-born and raised
Just graduated with my Bachelor's in Business and an emphasis in Marketing
Fun fact, I would love to visit all 7 continents, 3 more to go!
I'm looking forward to all of our speakers, meeting new people, and hopefully building connections for the future.

JenWeiss
HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Hi @crystallopezco

That's so cool you only have 3 more continents to go. You're so close! 

Did you have a chance to attend Day 1? If so, we would love to know what your biggest takeaways were. 

ShellyLiu
参加者

Hi Crystal! I'm also California born and raised 😁

crystallopezco
参加者

Hi Shelly, nice to meet you! What'd you think of Day 1?