Startups

JimmyAndreson
Membro

Is anybody using HubSpot's Free CRM who isn't paying for the rest of the suite? Probably SMB/startup

resolver

Background: I volunteer for a small non-profit so there is little to no budget for software and buying full blown HubSpot is definitely out and too premium for us right now.

We're discussing CRMs at the moment and looking at options. There are dedicated CRM products for the non-profit sector that have rich functionality tailored for non-profits. One of these is almost certainly the best choice for us but "free" is a very attractive price point and could get us up and running, even if we switch to a more dedicated non-profit focussed platform at a later date, or buy into the HubSpot suite. On the other hand if the product is pretty limited without paying or using the rest of the HubSpot suite that's probably a waste of time.

I've found a few reviews of the product online but I haven't been able to find one that was useful that didn't reference the product in context of the rest of the suite or assumed paid for premium features. I am assuming this is "a freemium" product and there would always be a hard sell to upgrade, but I am wondering if it is possible to use it without paying and get benefits, or if it is effectively neutered unless you pay.

It looks quite attractive to me as a first step to get the team familiar with contact management but there's no point (for us) if it doesn't do that well without paying.

0 Avaliação positiva
3 Solução aceitas
karstenkoehler
Solução
Membro do Hall da Fama | Parceiro

Is anybody using HubSpot's Free CRM who isn't paying for the rest of the suite? Probably SMB/startup

resolver

Hi @JimmyAndreson,

Welcome to the community!

The answer to your question depends on what features you're looking for. The pricing page is a great starting point and shows you what you would (not) get: https://www.hubspot.com/pricing/sales

karstenkoehler_0-1619152641709.png

The free version of the HubSpot CRM can be very powerful. HubSpot wants you to upgrade whenever automation or scaling are concerned. The good thing is that you can easily create a free portal and test it risk-free: https://www.hubspot.com/products/crm Setup is fairly straight forward and if you run into any issues, you can always come back to this thread.

I've seen CiviCRM mentioned on Twitter in a discussion about the best CRM options for non-profits, so could check that out, too.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.

Exibir solução no post original

mvaede
Solução
Participante

resolver

Hello Jimmy,

I'm currently using the free version of Hubspot, as a one-person business development organization. I can immagine that a non-profit would have specific requirements, but I don't know these so can't reply to that part.

But for tracking your activity, meetings, emails, customer contacts and the basic CRM features, the HubSpot Free is great value for the money.

Secondly, you can still adapt and tweak the Free versio n a little to fit some of your requirements with regards to contacts and and companies - should you want to automate your email campaigns or create more sofisticated querries / dashboards, HubSpot become a Freemium and you'll have to select the modules suitable for your needs.

Maybee a quick talk with sales about your specific situation, might open the door a for discounted non-profit organization price to fit your specific need.

Again the Free version as a basic CRM with good tracking & communication features is great value for the price - I've been using it for about 2 months and already tweaked some aspects.

Aviation
Solução
Membro

resolver

HI Jimmy, 

We use the free version and i think its brilliant. You get a lot of benefits with the free version that a lot of other CRMS charge for. It’s easy to use and very simple to navigate around. Different CRM systems will be better suited to different sorts of business however Hubspot seems to work really well for us.

If you take your time and have a play around with different functions and lean how to add new fields in certain areas then I am sure you can make it work for what you need.

My team have never had a CRM system in place and once I explained how Hubsport works and the benefits it can bring everyone jumped on board and its really starting to show how beneficial it can be. Setting tasks to follow up on in particular is a great way to make sure no opportunity is ever missed.

Also the App is really good and works as well on the phone as it does on a computer.  

3 Respostas 3
Aviation
Solução
Membro

resolver

HI Jimmy, 

We use the free version and i think its brilliant. You get a lot of benefits with the free version that a lot of other CRMS charge for. It’s easy to use and very simple to navigate around. Different CRM systems will be better suited to different sorts of business however Hubspot seems to work really well for us.

If you take your time and have a play around with different functions and lean how to add new fields in certain areas then I am sure you can make it work for what you need.

My team have never had a CRM system in place and once I explained how Hubsport works and the benefits it can bring everyone jumped on board and its really starting to show how beneficial it can be. Setting tasks to follow up on in particular is a great way to make sure no opportunity is ever missed.

Also the App is really good and works as well on the phone as it does on a computer.  

mvaede
Solução
Participante

resolver

Hello Jimmy,

I'm currently using the free version of Hubspot, as a one-person business development organization. I can immagine that a non-profit would have specific requirements, but I don't know these so can't reply to that part.

But for tracking your activity, meetings, emails, customer contacts and the basic CRM features, the HubSpot Free is great value for the money.

Secondly, you can still adapt and tweak the Free versio n a little to fit some of your requirements with regards to contacts and and companies - should you want to automate your email campaigns or create more sofisticated querries / dashboards, HubSpot become a Freemium and you'll have to select the modules suitable for your needs.

Maybee a quick talk with sales about your specific situation, might open the door a for discounted non-profit organization price to fit your specific need.

Again the Free version as a basic CRM with good tracking & communication features is great value for the price - I've been using it for about 2 months and already tweaked some aspects.

karstenkoehler
Solução

resolver

Hi @JimmyAndreson,

Welcome to the community!

The answer to your question depends on what features you're looking for. The pricing page is a great starting point and shows you what you would (not) get: https://www.hubspot.com/pricing/sales

karstenkoehler_0-1619152641709.png

The free version of the HubSpot CRM can be very powerful. HubSpot wants you to upgrade whenever automation or scaling are concerned. The good thing is that you can easily create a free portal and test it risk-free: https://www.hubspot.com/products/crm Setup is fairly straight forward and if you run into any issues, you can always come back to this thread.

I've seen CiviCRM mentioned on Twitter in a discussion about the best CRM options for non-profits, so could check that out, too.

Hope this helps!

Karsten Köhler
HubSpot Freelancer | RevOps & CRM Consultant | Community Hall of Famer

Beratungstermin mit Karsten vereinbaren

Did my post help answer your query? Help the community by marking it as a solution.